The oldest 6 I hatched are about ten 12 week old now and just look like smaller clones of my hens in colour markings etc ..I have some 6 week olds and they look the same..Not into fowl but would you breed tight back to the parents Gparent etc ..Or would you try to find stag from elsewhere and use him on the youngsters?

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice gingers donny .... good length of back and better feather than a lot of gingers these days   however its a shame this site is still loaded with ... to be frank ...cranks !   Its illegal to

cheers .The hens are spurred as well is that good or bad?

Dont know if they are good bad or indifferent LOL Laying well and a couple sitting..

Posted Images

As the nights darken they spend too much time on the perch instead of eating and exercising .... during the growing periods .....

majority of late bred broods will be noticeably smaller in weight than there February and March hatched full brothers at similar ages

some families can come short legged as well when late bred .

Edited by DUCKWING
  • Like 1

One of best breeders I now hatches from December all the way to end of September he just runs the late bred ones on and they catch up.... you'll after cull a littel harder that's all..... if your getten short legged fowl duckwing...... I would suggest upgrading your brood pens..... Remember guys don't over feed young chickens you won't them out hunting for there feed all day.... Stick with nature.... And cull ruthlessly... ATB ukroosterman

• Like 1

I purpose hatched reza chicks late July last year in an attemt to bring down their size no luck though they are not far off their parents wait now at 11 months old and have no defects and are strong and vigorous.

• Like 1

Yes mate , artificial light can be used as long as your other fowl arent in the same building and the correct vitamins and supplements are used

Duckwing

what vitamins and

supplements would you recommend DW

That was my nxt question Bull :-)
  • Like 1

Multi vits, Jansen Gamebird tonic, theres that many on the market now days to choose from just remember to follow the correct dilution rate over dosing would do your chicks no benefit at all.

Multi vits, Jansen Gamebird tonic, theres that many on the market now days to choose from just remember to follow the correct dilution rate ove

r dosing would do your chicks no benefit at all.

You know what the nxt question is don't you ? :-)