3/4Greyhound 1/4Collie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres my pup 6 moths old.     ATB long dog

I had a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie, he was a decent dog. Was better at bigger stuff than rabbits tbh.

up todate pics.[/url]

Posted Images

My 1 st lurcher was this breeding, but small in height at 25 tts but he could run and made a great dog for fox ing ferreting and digging, his father was a well known dog at the time over here, I also had another of this cross a few yr back he was a Merle colour with the ice coloured eyes, a nice looking dog and could run like feck, but out foxing he got bitten on the foot and hung the gloves up so he was given to a fella for ferreting and running on the hares.

Who was the farther of the first dog ? Just being nosey :laugh:

i've never owned a 3/4 but have seen plenty working over the years. some take a lot to the greyhound, and burn out a bit as well as having some of the other greyhound faults (bit frail, bit dim). others come out like a big fast half-cross (more to the collie) and these can be superb, bright biddable and run all day, all the qualities you want from a half cross but with a touch more top end speed. i have seen one or two 3/4 bitches which really were fragile and whippety looking, not my cup of tea at all, and some dogs which must have been 28 tts and very solid. you pays yer money and you takes yer choice!

• Like 2

My 1 st lurcher was this breeding, but small in height at 25 tts but he could run and made a great dog for fox ing ferreting and digging, his father was a well known dog at the time over here, I also had another of this cross a few yr back he was a Merle colour with the ice coloured eyes, a nice looking dog and could run like feck, but out foxing he got bitten on the foot and hung the gloves up so he was given to a fella for ferreting and running on the hares.

it was a dog called brandy he was a half cross collie grey and at 13 was still killing foxes he produced some nice working off spring, and many round ards dundonald and comber area, this was early 90s so he must have been born in the 80s known as big brandy

it was a dog called brandy he was a half cross collie grey and at 13 was still killing foxes he produced some nice working off spring, and many round ards dundonald and comber area, this was early 90s so he must have been born in the 80s known as big brandy
Know the dog your on about :thumbs: a friend used him over a 1/4 bull 3/4 grey . There's a couple of pics of brandy on fb looked a strong mutt