And Then I Missed !

Hi all.

I wouldnt say its so much a hunting thread but its close !

I went down my dads house to zero in the ultra i bought for my daughter as she was hoping to use it this weekend and at about 25yds i was getting a 2p cover on 5 shots which i thought was bloody good for me. So i put another target in and concentrate a bit harder and put down ten shots. I walk down to the target and see only six and a bit holes. I thought hey thats strange and then it dawned on me that i was putting pellet on pellet ! OMG this ultra is very accurate. Then i hear it. The woody in the tree on my right. So i slowly load the gun ..... i wait ..... take my time ..... then pull the trigger .... and the bloody thing flies off. Yep i had only gone and missed. Must of been the nerves.

So lesson learned tonight..... dont get so excited !

Cheers

Any idea where the shot went? Did you hear any windows smash? haha

Obviously the only reason you would shoot a pigeon in your garden would be within the rules of the GL.

The Ultra is brilliant. Nice choice.

• Like 1

Im just surprised you did not put ten in the same hole there that accurate like villaman has said there up there with the best dont let the size of the ultra fool you its more than capable of taking eny pray down that the best air rifles can atvbmac :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

Hi and cheers for the replies.

We tried netting last year and this year but they are persistent buggers. Ruined the veg last year but luckily not so far this year. Usually theres about 6-8 of them but sometimes more. Always hanging about. Its funny to watch my old dad run down the garden at them :) Even if we get 1 or 2 of them hopefully that will put them off.

As to where the pellet went i can say it went to safe ground. The garden is pretty big ( that why i zero the scopes down there ) and its scrubland at the end.

Next time i will wait for them to be on the ground

Cheers

Obviously the scrubland at the end is also yours Egg.

We know that all members on this forum are 100% law abiding.

We're sorry that all your attempts at pest control have failed and that you've had to resort to that kind of pest control. I remember you telling me about the failure of the scarecrow, netting, and even the sonic box you had to scare them off. It's okay though mate. I know it's a last resort to use the Ultra, but at least you're doing it humanely.

My only criticism Eggs....make sure you take out the pigeon next time. Clean head shot (with a safe backdrop of course).

Pigeon Breast Burgers! Add a little cheese....mmm.

Any more luck with the veg protection mate?