Bass Lures And Spinning

Out the week end. Tried. Beach casting with little succes. Peelers and rag , on way home bumped in to two lads using. The lightest rods ive ever seen used. Lol but they had had. A great day. Got me self a surf caster this morning what lures are you usung lads got a coulple of dexters and. Diving lures but any advise would be gratfully recieved seems ive fell behind in technology lol

I've had a lot of good success with Abu Garcia Toby's 20g and 28g silver ones and silver and blue Best bit is they are reasonably cheap compared to the plugs and poppers that I have...

. Any chance of photos bud googled them ta , what rod you using Edited by gonetoearth

Is that in the straits,if it is we were fishing there the last two weeks.

Dismal

We couldn't even catch a mackerel

We had crab,worm ,squid

Had two bull Huss and plenty of small whiting

We are hoping that when the sand eels come in the fishing will improve

I got one.. :tongue2::laugh: I ain't shy giving the marks I know about Al, I get a buzz seeing others get a result from them.. my old man still gets pissed off qhen I remind him of the monster some lad off here caught at one of them though! :laugh:

Fook me ive just got in went down the beach to give me new rod a go with the lures never checked the weather forcast Walked down wanted to fish. The channel at low tide it went. Fooking black and No shit there was static bouncing of the handel of me rod the air was wied lol then a fooking big lightning flash just got me arse out of there sharpish lol

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 2

Fook me ive just got in went down the beach to give me new rod a go with the lures never checked the weather forcast Walked down wanted to fish. The channel at low tide it went. Fooking black and No shit there was static bouncing of the handel of me rod the air was wied lol then a fooking big lightning flash just got me arse out of there sharpish lol

:laugh: Been there before and all! :D Was fishing the back of a cliff at a place called Lydstep years ago and there was a storm brewing miles offshore. Was quite happy watching it from a distance until a lighting bolt came down about a mile away straigt in front of us. I f****d off sharpish back up to the top of the cliff where the car park was, I was almost on my belly crawling back to the car! :laugh: My mate Terry sauntered back up the cliff 10 minutes later with a big grin on his face and a roll up hanging out his mouth! "I've been out in much worse than this mun" he said as he got back in the car! :laugh:

:laugh: Been there before and all! :D Was fishing the back of a cliff at a place called Lydstep years ago and there was a storm brewing miles offshore. Was quite happy watching it from a distance until a lighting bolt came down about a mile away straigt in front of us. I f****d off sharpish back up to the top of the cliff where the car park was, I was almost on my belly crawling back to the car! :laugh: My mate Terry sauntered back up the cliff 10 minutes later with a big grin on his face and a roll up hanging out his mouth! "I've been out in much worse than this mun" he said as he got back in the car! :laugh:
. Malt ive been out at sea in a storm bad one that was weid i was get shocks through the handle of the rod i had a terrier with me he ran and sat. Up the beach stairing back at me lol I was about two mile out spooky lol
  • Like 1

I was spud picking outside St Davids and after work was chucking a spinner in trying for a bass and watched a waterspout come closer and closer from out to sea but it was really sunny and then the wind started to pick up rather a lot :icon_eek: and we skipped it pretty sharpish back to the car just as it hit the rocks below us where we were fishing.It shook the car pretty well and have to say i tweeked a bit :icon_redface: and it passed over in a few seconds and faided away in shape after a couple of small fields.It looked really cool :D as it was comming towards us and we sort of got caught in the moment :laugh: and to be honest wouldn't have picked us up or anything but something i don't want to try again.

Edited by fireman
  • Like 2

Fiish black minow is a good lure. Rubber sand eels live sand eel. Poppers in the summer. I fish about 50 yards offshore still a bit early in the season for any bigguns though! Any decent lure will do they're sight predators so fish light I use 8 lb maxima with a light spinning rod ☺