Here's something I been thinking about. While on a 20 hour road trip totaly hypothetical before I get slaughterd lol 2 litter brothers peas in a pod dog 1 is a top dog gives its all evry time out and is lost, , dog 2 dosent make the grade comes away spewes what ever u want to call it but is lucky and still alive , now u have a top bitch same way bread the better dog is gone the second dog is shite the brothers share the exactly the same blood whuld the chances of producing workers be the same from each dog being the same blood. Or what whuld the good dog have to offer that the spewer dident? what's the difference if the blood is exactly the same

• Like 2

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

by Raymond H. Oppenheimer     1. Remember that the animals you select for breeding today will have an impact on the breed for many years to come. Keep that thought firmly in mind when you choose b

You have come on here and have argued with some of the most respected terrierman in the UK and most likely the entire world, ?the knowledge these men have of these dogs and their history is unreal. Yo

You know what your tough guy act is getting old. So how about this. I’ll buy you a round trip ticket put you up in a good hotel near the airport. Call you an Uber to take you to a place to meet me and

Posted Images

Are you saying the bitch shares same ancestory as the 2 dogs?

If so for me no,I would be looking for a different sire ,one that gives 100 percent,at his job.

To be honest I would be doubtful about using the jacker anyway,some pups don't make the grade with both parents 100 percent workers ,let alone if ones not pulling its weight.

What are your reasons marshman If the blood is exactly the same what whuld the good dog pass on what the jacker whuldent?

well what your hoping is that the good dog would pass on the "minerals" that he's lesser cur of a brother doesn't have. So if the good dog wasn't about and had died, I would look for a relative ie grandfather uncle or half brother of course one that grafts and use that.
  • Like 1

I agree hot meat but you can not use a dead dog no matter how good it was ,,, so whuld you use a total out cross what might not gel or take your chance on a jacker from a predictable line what has the exact same blood as the good dog what is fertiliser,,, basicly what I am getting at is what's the difference if the blood is exactly the same

It's been proven it's not always the best worker/performer that's the best producer when it comes to breeding, if you found yourself in the situation you have thought up, then you have a choice to make, some will some won't. But the first question I'd ask meself is could I have faith in dogs bred out a jacker???

• Like 6

It's been proven it's not always the best worker/performer that's the best producer when it comes to breeding, if you found yourself in the situation you have thought up, then you have a choice to make, some will some won't. But the first question I'd ask meself is could I have faith in dogs bred out a jacker???

:notworthy::thumbs: and there is the answer :thumbs:

what if a litter of 6 throws one star but 5 potlickers would you still breed from the one good one :no:

• Like 1