Anyone Rate The Hawke Endurance .223/.308 Scope?

Im in the market for a scope for my .223 and came across the Hawke Endurance 30 IR SF which

comes with a reticle designed for the tragectory of .223. Anyone got/tried this scope? My budget is about 300 golden tokens if anyone wants to suggest anything else suitable. Most shots taken around 150yards but occasional shots out to 300, most of this on the lamp after charlie.

Thats what i expected! Looked attractive in the magazine, i will have a look at meopta. Anyone rate MTC scopes? I spoke to a local rifle builder today who said for a budget scope they aren't bad at all.

i had a hawke endurance IR 2.5-10-56 on my 223 and it did the job well, to be honest I might re-fit it,I shot plenty of foxes with it,I like them for small calibre's never tried one on anything bigger than 223 though

My hawke is good on both rimmy and 243 out yo over 250 yards easy.

Not the best glass ever but for the price they are much better now than a few years ago

Fair to mention that the hawke i shot with is more then 5 years old.

Gr Jacco

Get yourself a Nikon prostaff, with the BDC bullet drop compensator reticule, brilliant glass, and build quality, the BDC reticule is great and you can, get it spot on for your rifle, and all for around £160.00 a million times better than any MTC crap.

Had a hawke endurance and it was ok, but the optics faded early on at dusk. Now use weaver and bushnell elite and find them a lot better compared to the hawke for not a lot more £ than a new hawke.

Hawke are a bit gimmicky over quality I think

• 1 month later...

Spend the money on quality. If you can't afford new quality then buy secondhand quality. The distances you are looking to shoot to I would not use a cheap scope. I would always worry about accuracy.

The adage, buy once buy right.

I am always a bit bemused by people who use mildots, particularly at night.(probably my lack of experience). But with a lamp how long do you have to range find find on a moving target? Or is it just knowing your land? I just use point and squeeze and if I need a bit of holdover well, aim for the top of his back at 300 and the drop will have him.

But that is me, and I do not have the years that some other s have.

However, scope wise, good optics are always going to beat cheap optics. I would look at the Meopta, very good price and very good in low light, secondhand there are bargains to be had. I have one on my 243.

I have had the following,

HAWKE

AGS

Zeiss

Leupold

Meopta

Mtc

I also had access to a load of scopes to do a bit of a test for clarity once.

The AGS did surprisingly well. it was an old model, not the stuff you can now buy. But spending my money, then the Meopta is what is on my main rig. It is not as good as those at the top but it is very close and head and shoulders above the rest.

But that is of course my opinion and there will be 3 million others who will differ.

Edited by Gloop