If You Could Pick Anybody To Go For A Pint With...

i learnt a long time ago that meeting your heroes always ended in disappointment... rather have a pint with my mates or my boyfriend than talk shite with someone who is an actor or in a band :hmm:

Thats why I don't want him to open his mouth :laugh: Nah just messing, I know completely what you mean. Infact I'd prob leave boyf at home and take the dog and a book to pub ;)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old man ...famous only to me but what a cracking drinking partner he was .....

cannot wait to go for a pint with my dad.he had a quadruple heart bypass just over 10 days ago and he is already back home at the age of 70 walking the fields with the dogs.amazing man and amazing rec

michelle keegan

My Dad would be number 1 for definite probably Oliver Reed second, and third on the list is my great grandad I never met him but he was supposed to be some bloke....from south wales was in the kings liverpool regiment during ww1 then served in ireland and india. And was a top army boxer after all that he ended up leaving the army and decided to take it easy by becoming a coal miner :D

Edited by Moorside

Adolf Hitler just to ask him why and if he could do it again would he do it differently :thumbs:

was going to put the same thing.......as evil as the man was he came from a no body to nearly ruling most of the world.... ..so eather Adolfo hitler ...or Miyamoto Musashi .....or John Wayne
Ruling most of the world ... Really ??? ..........
Sorry SIR socks .......ruling 25 country's and having allies in other country's...and if he wasn't stoped how long do you recon it would of been befor he conquered less equipped country's ...country's that didn't have the the finances/ men / weapons to stand up to him/ his allies ....like I say that's a lot to accomplish by a man who was a nobody (a 18 year old homeless man) ......however I'm not going to get it a debate about what he ruled and didn't rule as I'm sure your SAS millatary

experience / knowledge I'll be out of my depth lol

Fukc me calm down treacle ... Nothing to do with my military background and all to do with history ... Hitler never conquered any country with a strong military standing and when he tried he failed ie Russia and the uk ... And off the top of my head I don't think it was 25 countries either ..........

I have no love of hitler or what the nazi's did but your statment is bollox the germans were fighting on 2 fronts against russia in the east and britain and america and allies in the west as well as in africa and other parts of europe the weather and russias numbers were his mistake in the east not there supeirior fighting skills and tactics if hitler and the german army had gone for a 1 on 1 with anybody in the world at that time i fully belive they would of beat them the british army included there equipment and troops were far better than the rest of the worlds if hitler or a few others in the nazi party been such evil sick b*****ds they would of been remembered as military geniuses

I've been thinking on this, and genuinely, right now it'd be my grandfather on my dads side. A lot has happened in the three years since he'd passed away, and i'd love to show him the dogs now, and some of the things i'm doing and pick his brains. He'd be in his element with some of it. And he told the most fascinating stories i've ever listened to, having spent the 1930's-50's living and hunting in India, Nepal etc. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Not Lab-tastic......

Not very nice now was it....since I bought most of yours ya little fanny...lol

• Like 3

His mistake was Stalingrad and not listening to his generals.

They were 20 mile from Moscow, and Stalin was ready to flee the city.

However bad weather, bad decisions.

Yes you can't fight a war of that magnitude on 2 fronts.

Say one thing some of the biggest and brutal battles In history were fought by the Germans and Russians.

Can't say I'm surprised the Germans were the most advanced and high trained soldiers of the time.

And technically it was 17 countries but as I said the Italians well they were really puppets lol so what they held made up 25 .

Adolf Hitler just to ask him why and if he could do it again would he do it differently :thumbs:

was going to put the same thing.......as evil as the man was he came from a no body to nearly ruling most of the world.... ..so eather Adolfo hitler ...or Miyamoto Musashi .....or John Wayne
Sorry SIR socks .......ruling 25 country's and having allies in other country's...and if he wasn't stoped how long do you recon it would of been befor he conquered less equipped country's ...country's that didn't have the the finances/ men / weapons to stand up to him/ his allies ....like I say that's a lot to accomplish by a man who was a nobody (a 18 year old homeless man) ......however I'm not going to get it a debate about what he ruled and didn't rule as I'm sure your SAS millatary

Fukc me calm down treacle ... Nothing to do with my military background and all to do with history ... Hitler never conquered any country with a strong military standing and when he tried he failed ie Russia and the uk ... And off the top of my head I don't think it was 25 countries either ..........

I have no love of hitler or what the nazi's did but your statment is bollox the germans were fighting on 2 fronts against russia in the east and britain and america and allies in the west as well as in africa and other parts of europe the weather and russias numbers were his mistake in the east not there supeirior fighting skills and tactics if hitler and the german army had gone for a 1 on 1 with anybody in the world at that time i fully belive they would of beat them the british army included there equipment and troops were far better than the rest of the worlds if hitler or a few others in the nazi party been such evil sick b*****ds they would of been remembered as military geniuses

No my statement is correct the countries the Germans took were weak and easy ... When they came up against a real force and were tested they made bad mistakes and lost ... It's as simple as that really ......

Brendan Gleeson is a good one brewman, I'd say he'd be some steam at the bar :thumbs:

He is the only actor/entertainer except for Dave Allen. I heard not from anyone I know that he is down to earth and respectful without being a condescending twat.

• Like 1

No my statement is correct the countries the Germans took were weak and easy ... When they came up against a real force and were tested they made bad mistakes and lost ... It's as simple as that really ......
. Blitzkreeg spelling. Was the germans most successfull tactic They marched across euroupe. At a pace never seen in modern warfare. Till the hit they russians and british. He could not use the tactic across the channel. He could not beat the Russian winter. He had know were to go but dig in Like all mass armies they run out of fuel or food The germans on the russian front were ill equipped and supplied bomber harris destroyed armaments and weakened the german people. They were doomed. Like ive said small minded little c**t with a big ego and a mouth to match surrounded by a gang of lunatics Murder rape and pilaged there way across europe ruling by fear. Edited by gonetoearth

well i think your wrong and stand by what i say 1 on 1 at that period in history the german army would of wiped the floor with them and i dont think any other country in the world at that period in history could of took on what they did and lasted as long not a prayer

well i think your wrong and stand by what i say 1 on 1 at that period in history the german army would of wiped the floor with them and i dont think any other country in the world at that period in history could of took on what they did and lasted as long not a prayer

. But they didnt so you are wrong

. But they didnt so you are wrong

but they didnt what ? :laugh: