If You Could Pick Anybody To Go For A Pint With...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My old man ...famous only to me but what a cracking drinking partner he was .....

cannot wait to go for a pint with my dad.he had a quadruple heart bypass just over 10 days ago and he is already back home at the age of 70 walking the fields with the dogs.amazing man and amazing rec

michelle keegan

Lab, on 16 May 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

RubyTex, on 16 May 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Not Lab-tastic......

Not very nice now was it....since I bought most of yours ya little fanny...lol

:laugh: ya wee sensitive soul, I think you're alright really

Adolf Hitler just to ask him why and if he could do it again would he do it differently :thumbs:

was going to put the same thing.......as evil as the man was he came from a no body to nearly ruling most of the world.... ..so eather Adolfo hitler ...or Miyamoto Musashi .....or John Wayne
Ruling most of the world ... Really ??? ..........
Sorry SIR socks .......ruling 25 country's and having allies in other country's...and if he wasn't stoped how long do you recon it would of been befor he conquered less equipped country's ...country's that didn't have the the finances/ men / weapons to stand up to him/ his allies ....like I say that's a lot to accomplish by a man who was a nobody (a 18 year old homeless man) ......however I'm not going to get it a debate about what he ruled and didn't rule as I'm sure your SAS millatary

experience / knowledge I'll be out of my depth lol

Fukc me calm down treacle ... Nothing to do with my military background and all to do with history ... Hitler never conquered any country with a strong military standing and when he tried he failed ie Russia and the uk ... And off the top of my head I don't think it was 25 countries either ..........

I have no love of hitler or what the nazi's did but your statment is bollox the germans were fighting on 2 fronts against russia in the east and britain and america and allies in the west as well as in africa and other parts of europe the weather and russias numbers were his mistake in the east not there supeirior fighting skills and tactics if hitler and the german army had gone for a 1 on 1 with anybody in the world at that time i fully belive they would of beat them the british army included there equipment and troops were far better than the rest of the worlds if hitler or a few others in the nazi party been such evil sick b*****ds they would of been remembered as military geniuses

I think the big what-if about the second world war is what if people stood up to Germany sooner. Millions would have lived.

Evil can't be anything but what it is.

ATB

My father died 12 years ago, like many I would like to have a catch up with him and see what he thought to how things had turned out family wise.

Gem your right about meeting you idols, I remember (being an old mod) reading with eagerness an interview with Paul Weller and Pete Townsend who he had idolised as a kid growing up, to say the meeting was a disaster was an understament they had virtually nothing in common.

Hitler? No I wouldn't have wanted to me him, his actions were responsible for millions of people deaths some of my family,members included. Twat him yes, have a pint with him no.

Douglas Bader is my all time hero, a man who had more excuse then anyone to avoid going to war but he bent the rule book and forced his way back into the seat of a hurricane to take part in the Battle of Britain and went into lead in a spitfire as wing commander until being shot down over France in 42 (i think). Even then he didn't give in, he tried to escape several times eventually being sent to Colditz. Would have loved to have a pint with him :yes:

Many others, John Frost (the officer who held the Arnhem Bridge for four days with 300 men),

John Lennon and Elvis however I suspect these meetings may be disappointing as per my comment above,

Bromhead or Chard from Rorkes Drift (Zulu) to find out what it was like to overcome insurmountable odds.

Kenzie Thorpe the ultimate Wildfowler and poacher

Jimmy Stewart is a great call, total gent who flew 20 odd missions as a pilot in a Liberator Bomber in WW2 and went on to have a brilliant career as an actor remained faithful to his wife until her death which was unusual itself in those days of hollywood. He named his aircraft 5 guys and a jerk just to give you an idea of his humility.

• Like 1

Lab, on 16 May 2014 - 10:53 PM, said:

RubyTex, on 16 May 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

Not Lab-tastic......

Not very nice now was it....since I bought most of yours ya little fanny...lol

:laugh: ya wee sensitive soul, I think you're alright really

See it's stuff like this that's got Ross going to drown you.....I'll be laughing then...????

My father died 12 years ago, like many I would like to have a catch up with him and see what he thought to how things had turned out family wise.

Gem your right about meeting you idols, I remember (being an old mod) reading with eagerness an interview with Paul Weller and Pete Townsend who he had idolised as a kid growing up, to say the meeting was a disaster was an understament they had virtually nothing in common.

Hitler? No I wouldn't have wanted to me him, his actions were responsible for millions of people deaths some of my family,members included. Twat him yes, have a pint with him no.

Douglas Bader is my all time hero, a man who had more excuse then anyone to avoid going to war but he bent the rule book and forced his way back into the seat of a hurricane to take part in the Battle of Britain and went into lead in a spitfire as wing commander until being shot down over France in 42 (i think). Even then he didn't give in, he tried to escape several times eventually being sent to Colditz. Would have loved to have a pint with him :yes:

Many others, John Frost (the officer who held the Arnhem Bridge for four days with 300 men),

John Lennon and Elvis however I suspect these meetings may be disappointing as per my comment above,

Bromhead or Chard from Rorkes Drift (Zulu) to find out what it was like to overcome insurmountable odds.

Kenzie Thorpe the ultimate Wildfowler and poacher

Jimmy Stewart is a great call, total gent who flew 20 odd missions as a pilot in a Liberator Bomber in WW2 and went on to have a brilliant career as an actor remained faithful to his wife until her death which was unusual itself in those days of hollywood. He named his aircraft 5 guys and a jerk just to give you an idea of his humility.

Yea always liked jimmy steWart always presented himself as a really nice guy.

Brillaint actor to , in fact I watched this video years ago, and told myself my next dog will be called beau lol

The cast of only fools n horses with Blair Mayne and the Beatles playing live on an acoustic session in the pub. And Ronnie barker and tommy the heart attack cooper filling in the breaks for the fab 4, rocky Marciano on the door with joe calzaghe and Nicole sherzinger in a bikini serving the shandys. Lol. No point in holding back haha

ever since I found out David Jason is a supporter for LACS I can't watch fools and horses just want to pick the deluded prick up and give him a good shake :laugh:

didn't know that, shame that just goes to show what good actor he is with his del boy- persona :yes:

Just shows what kind of prick he is mate aint got a f***ing clue about the countryside yet happy to support them same as these other no marks I can't stomach the hypocrisy of any twat as would drink a pint in these c**ts company

http://www.league.org.uk/get-involved/celebrity-supporters

The cast of only fools n horses with Blair Mayne and the Beatles playing live on an acoustic session in the pub. And Ronnie barker and tommy the heart attack cooper filling in the breaks for the fab 4, rocky Marciano on the door with joe calzaghe and Nicole sherzinger in a bikini serving the shandys. Lol. No point in holding back haha

ever since I found out David Jason is a supporter for LACS I can't watch fools and horses just want to pick the deluded prick up and give him a good shake :laugh:

didn't know that, shame that just goes to show what good actor he is with his del boy- persona :yes:

Just shows what kind of prick he is mate aint got a f*****g clue about the countryside yet happy to support them same as these other no marks I can't stomach the hypocrisy of any twat as would drink a pint in these c**ts company

Bill Paterson was the only one that really surprised me in that list lol

Cheers I used to make a point of wTching his stuff lol

Just shows what kind of prick he is mate aint got a f*****g clue about the countryside yet happy to support them same as these other no marks I can't stomach the hypocrisy of any twat as would drink a pint in these c**ts company

A veritable list of "B" list celebrities. I'm glad to see the racist Diane Abbot on there gives me something else to dislike her for :thumbs:

Surprised Brian "the w****r" May isn't there in his full grey shrubbery