Planned Litters.. Workers To Workers

Guest vin

Hello all,

Is anyone out there planning on or have already bred any litters from good proven working stock this summer ?

Please don't get me wrong or think I'm being argumentative,But I really do mean working stock.

I am not interested in ferrets that go down warrens and bolt a few bunnies and behave perfectly... This is just the 1st part of what should be taken for granted in good stock,I'm only interested in the types that go down and stay down and don't come out until the warren is empty,or the spade is upon them.

Ferrets with full on natural prey drive that go deep and fear nothing,and are capable of sorting a big buck bunny when he refuses to exit the premises.

Colour,shape,strain,size means nothing before these basic requirements are in place.

Everyone I know has used a Vas hob on there best Jills and did not intend to breed this year. . . Even though some have had a few accidental litters etc etc...

What I'm really looking for is someone who has kept a good and consistent line of rock hard grafters that are naturals at the game and have bred a litter for there own stock and maybe have a couple of spare kits. Obviously from ferts that have a good few seasons under there belts etc etc.

People get very defensive when it comes down to there ferrets working abilities being in question,,But please lets not all start arguing about how all ferrets work.. some just go down holes and come out. . . some live to work.

PM me if you prefer.

Both myself and my ferreting partner have bred this year Vin,

Hobs and Jill's both workers, he's took one of my hobs to breed off his 2 older Jill's, I've put an old hob over my 3 year old Jill,

The Jill's are back to another mates stuff which he's kept over 20 years,

Work allows us to only hunt weekends and the odd day in the week in the season, but the see plenty.. Nearly all of our work is hedgerow, thick f***ing hedgerow lol.. But they shift them mate, not saying they are world beaters but I'm confident they don't leave much behind..

I'm keeping a couple of Jill's back, and so is he, I've promised out another 2, you'd be welcome a couple (hoping the litter is big enough) and I'll bring them up the comp in August if you want mate...

No worries if not though..

• Like 2

I will have a litter here (if all goes to plan!) entirely worker to worker bred from a proven strain going back a number of years. The mating was undertaken for personal use, but there will likely be a couple spare to a working home(s) :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I will have a litter here (if all goes to plan!) entirely worker to worker bred from a proven strain going back a number of years. The mating was undertaken for personal use, but there will likely be a couple spare to a working home(s) :thumbs:

Further to the above, aside from those previously reserved I have a couple of kits that have due to unforeseen circumstances become available. They are from a proven working strain.

If interested, PM me for details.

Vin i might have some kits i mated that big sandy hob lol to a small sandy jill she has not had them yet but they will be some spare if you wanted one marra.

hello mate.

Thanks for that.

we've got 4 each coming this summer..So plenty to try out and test. . . Did'nt know you were breeding any. . . they should be nice strong kits off that big hob.. I will look forward to seeing your new recruits next season matey.

I cant wait.

Vin i might have some kits i mated that big sandy hob lol to a small sandy jill she has not had them yet but they will be some spare if you wanted one marra.

Save me a sandy hob nobby..;)

• Like 1

I've got 3 young hobs from very good working stock 4 weeks old at the moment poley colour, both parents 4yrs old , solid workers, first time I've bred from them, keeping a kit back and friends taking some, both parents decent size, not big and not to small

Chris