• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seem's as my freezer's where at bursting point i decided to defrost the lot and bang it all through the mincer..all dogged and shot free.. I also had a pile of Makerel which worked out at 1 fish per

This get's done every year and they is never a problem with the dog's.. quite the opposite as they thrive on it..

I know that feeling, takes a wee while :laugh: Great load of grub for the dogs though, The mackerel will really start coming in round here soon, cant wait to fill up my freezer

I tend to do it as it comes in, last big lot i did was a fecker, jammed in into the chest freezer so it was frozen together, right bugger getting it out/splitting it. I cursed myself for weeks :laugh:

Been there and done that and it's a ball ache... i have put several holes in the freezer over the year's trying to get them out with a jemmy.. :D ..that's why them little plastic tub's are used and any that are bagged are placed in layer's separated with thick plastic sheet's till they are frozen.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

when I used minced rabbit I left the skin on,but rabbit don't half make them put the weight on,atb wf

I have tried leaving the skin on in the past but all it does is block the blade up and it's a pain taking it to bit's every 2 minute's... as far as Rabbit goes for putting weight on a dog i don't seem to have that problem...it's the same as feeding any food.. if you gauge it properly with the right amount of exercise you should have a fit lean dog.. :thumbs:

Good grub that millet they takeaway tubs don't tend to be that up to a second sitting as such I find? Or maybe it's just the pound shop bad boys I use!! :laugh:

Dont fill them up to the top..and don't drop em. . . they have a tendancy to crack when there full and frozen.

cracking job there Millet.. I do same with my rabbits etc etc..also do the chicken carcasses the same..makes a lot more room in freezer.

Good grub that millet they takeaway tubs don't tend to be that up to a second sitting as such I find? Or maybe it's just the pound shop bad boys I use!! :laugh:

You can get a 100 , 500 gram tubs on ebay for £14 and theres loads of bigger ones and there no so flimsy as the pound shop ones

I tend to do it as it comes in, last big lot i did was a fecker, jammed in into the chest freezer so it was frozen together, right bugger getting it out/splitting it. I cursed myself for weeks :laugh:

Been there and done that and it's a ball ache... i have put several holes in the freezer over the year's trying to get them out with a jemmy.. :D ..that's why them little plastic tub's are used and any that are bagged are placed in layer's separated with thick plastic sheet's till they are frozen.. :thumbs:

I found them plastic containers cracked easy when froze. I now cut the bottoms off 2 litre milk cartons and use them. I find they don’t stick together much or crack when frozen. Plus they’re free. :thumbs:

Edited by Pulser