Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

Great to see the bushers making a catch and yours bring them out which is even better my one just leaves them in the bush. Tell me rob do you like too see bushing dogs catch or do you prefer the lurcher too do the catching. atb fella.

he just a natural retriever mate i just like giving a bit of encouragement lol,as for catching in cover mine dont catch many very very tight blackberry thorn and briar so they probably a tad to big to have the speed in tight cover areas although will certainly push on through if on and yes do like the team work if they push out and the lurcher catches but the odd catch in cover certainly keeps them keen for it imo also good for the pup to get involved catching on quick to whats needed :thumbs:

• Like 2

That young busher of yours is doing great and also it looks as though its gonna be quite small how tall is it at the mo rob, also is it opening up on the bunnys yet, my terrier didn't start yapping till she made her first catch which was when she was about 9 months old only a half grown one but it certainly did the trick. atb daywalker,

That young busher of yours is doing great and also it looks as though its gonna be quite small how tall is it at the mo rob, also is it opening up on the bunnys yet, my terrier didn't start yapping till she made her first catch which was when she was about 9 months old only a half grown one but it certainly did the trick. atb daywalker,

maybe 13 tts ish not measured him though and yes found his voice alright although he not caught but he is only 6 month old cheers

• Like 2

maybe 13 tts ish not measured him though and yes found his voice alright although he not caught but he is only 6 month old cheers

Only 6 month old but by the look of things that is going to be a cracking little addition to your pack atb daywalker.

• Like 3

Only 6 month old but by the look of things that is going to be a cracking little addition to your pack atb daywalker.

doing well, he quite independent as well now he knows what he looking for,i often hold the older one back and just let him do a bit on his own in small stuff,i had a busher off a lad years ago and all it would do is follow the made dogs never entered cover of its own accord complete waste time so dont want be making the same mistake myself with him cheers

• Like 1

Mine hasn't caught it ages. Pushes them out all day long but no lurcher for the run. Seems to be rare that the terrier gets to the rabbit in cover before it dives down a hole or runs!

Nice video

Is it just the one terrier you have if so thats all i have as well, she does catch now and then but would probably catch a lot more with the help of another dog or taking her somewhere the rabbits are not so educated saying that been out twice this week and she caught in cover both time's probably flukes though. atb daywalker.

FairPlay bet your happy with that. Yeh just the one so don't know if we're making excuses but seems like she could do with a hand. Whippet or a shotgun would help! Whereabouts are you?

I am in slough fella, burnham to be exact. What type of terrier do you have mine is a patterdale type but their is deffo other bits in her russell border ect only works on top which is handy well for me as i have never been into digging ect. atb fella