Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

Thats a lovely looking pup willow should make a cracking dog going by how its bred. This one i have at the mo is doing okay as far as working cover goes, she's even caught a few in the thick and nailed a couple of rats but her recall is naff, she will return but only when she is ready, i am hoping its because she is young and that she will improve with age. She is fine when we are over the park playing with a ball she'll even bring it back each time but when we are out bushing ect she goes completly deaf anyways atb daywalker.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

ive allways let mine burn there selfs out as young dogs i let them work gear at there own pace i like the spaniel xs its even easyer to controll them

this young bitch is sprocker x beagle lakeland time will tell its all a game the treats in the pocket

but everyman has hes own way :thumbs:

what x is yours

Hi willow not sure what she is exactly but she has russell patt border and god knows what else in her, she's basically a mixed terrier type. she is about a year old now but i got her when she was seven months old, had to get another coz my plummer x was run down, tracked a deer onto road and to be honest when ever i'm out with her i am always worried that something like that could happen again her recall being not so good, anyway hopefully she'll settle down atb daywalker.

This pic is from 2009..... bitch on the left passed two years back, little bitch on right nearly 11 and still working well. She's always worked at a really steady pace which suits me nice. Fits in the bramble perfectly.

I'll post a more recent pic when I get chance.

7ebbc879d779178ebcf2c239050fa2bc.jpg

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 3

This pic is from 2009..... bitch on the left passed two years back, little bitch on right nearly 11 and still working well. She's always worked at a really steady pace which suits me nice. Fits in the bramble perfectly.

I'll post a more recent pic when I get chance.

7ebbc879d779178ebcf2c239050fa2bc.jpg

Thats the type of russell i really like but you don't see as many about today. By the way has their workrate changed over the years ie were they more frantic when they were younger like my one is now and also how was there recall and if it was bad did it improve with age as i'm hoping mine will. atb wyang daywalker.

Edited by day and night walker

I'll post a more recent pic when I get chance.7ebbc879d779178ebcf2c239050fa2bc.jpg

Thats the type of russell i really like but you don't see as many about today. By the way has their workrate changed over the years ie were they more frantic when they were younger like my one is now and also how was there recall and if it was bad did it improve with age as i'm hoping mine will. atb wyang daywalker.

Hi daywalker......the jack on the left pic went through a pain in the neck phase when she was late puppy to about a year and a half of age......especially if she figured out I was on the way back to the car......she'd peg it across a field totally ignoring me...used to pull my hair out...thinking it could only happen to me, she did gradually calm down when out and became a pleasure to work.....very obedient, loyal and clever.

The bitch on the right is the most laid back house dog you could wish for. Always been a very steady worker, slow pace of work especially compared to some others I see. She's never been really head strong and does come back quite well, but if there's a big patch of bramble with plenty of rabbits about I will have to go and get her or keep shouting/ whistling and she'll probably be back in ten mins, likewise if there's something in a wall she will stay there with it waiting for me. Overall she's very obedient and her slow pace certainly helps me keep a track of her. I do think they tend to push there luck more when there younger though. atb wuyang

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sorry lads been out with me camera again.

Work them or not there in good nick looked after fair play

Although I'm obviously a bit headstrong regarding terriers, ((they should be earth dogs!)) I like seeing your pics Bryan, the dogs look in good shape, and happy with their lot.

Any plans to put him over one of those little running-dogs you got there?

DnN

• Like 3

Nice looking Russell lee, when you say he doesn't drop because he hadn't been taught to, I don't think they need teaching but appreciate you can encourage or discourage. Got a 7 month old here, just a pup done no work but has dropped to ground a few times already thankfully she has popped in and been called out, just got to be wary especially on hot scent atb.

• 3 weeks later...