Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, day and night walker said:

I envy you fella, that's a lovely looking pack you have there by which i mean they could turn there paws to anything. atb.

Thanks mate They will work rabbits,hares & fox but that suits me down to the ground because every walk I go on I know I’m gonna hit something up & have some sport ??

• Like 3

This bitch is well gone now ,touched by "old man time ,Dee was one of the very best bushing dogs I've owned & had the pleasure to spend time with out on the hill .Unwanted by a farm hand she came to me ,very thin & covered in fleas .She was frightened ,hiding in the back of the kennel & when I reached into the box she came forward & fanged my hand ,drawing blood. She had been chasing the farmhands chickens & I could tell she had been beaten & miss treated .Dee showed me within several days  she was very gun shy & at the first signs of the gun being used she would bolt back to the truck. I gave the matter some thought & knew she was very food  focused so I popped a few dog treats in my pocket and took her out and used the same words I used in the field when I wanted the dogs to hunt out .It was at this point that she would nomally bolt off so,I got ready by calling  her in & gave her a treat ,repeated the words & when she moved off ,I repeated the treat .Within a few days I noticed she only moved off a couple of yards & by the end of that  week she just stayed & then a couple of days later, I saw tracking around on one spot where I found a fresh rabbit dung heap, she tracked off & a mintue or two later ,she chased out a rabbit from out from under a dead fallen down tree, from there was no holding her back ,she was away .Dee was a cross between a Cocker Spaniel & a foxy & had a work rate unmatched by any of the many dogs Ive owned since ,she would just go day after day,hour after hour hunting in the tight dark cover ,once found any rabbit had no escape ,she would track & chase it until either she caught it or it found a handy hole to dive down. I often think of her & smile . Gone but never forgotten .

018.JPG

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, justdigit said:

Nice litter of GWP pups here got a few pups going to lurcher and terrier lads to be used as bushing, hunting and marking dogs. 

1802533A-77B5-4A44-9901-976FDBE07D75.jpeg

Nice litter mate hope they go to tidy home, it a breed I’ll be trying in the future possibly in lurcher form ?