Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

On 28/12/2020 at 18:15, Tyla said:

I used mine like a lurcher mostly but he'd retrieve, swim etc. no problem. He used to bush hard cover when he was young but as soon as I had bushers he stopped that and did the running. 

Dont get me wrong id be disapointed if i knew sommat was in abit of cover and the runner just danced about waiting for a busher. Got 100s of pics and videos of my old dogs breaking ice on lakes to fetch ducks and geese marking birds day and night catching rabbits in and out of gorse but ive never seen a lurcher do it aswell as a terrier and i dont like the thought of of a lurcher swimming and fetching stuff then spending the whole day between cold and running summertime its no issue but wintertime its asking for trouble. 

also sometimes i dont want to take a running dog. Was out with a mixed pack yesterday of bushers was a real mixed pack alsorts was there the only 3 still ripping at the end of the day was pure terriers 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, C.green said:

You after sommat ?

If I was to get something I would be after a dog pup to start from scratch mainly for bushing mooching about Ive been thinking about it for a while now I’ve got a few years before I retire I was going to wait till then but a lot of my hunting is on my own be nice to have a bit of company Billy no mates ?.   

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

If I was to get something I would be after a dog pup to start from scratch mainly for bushing mooching about Ive been thinking about it for a while now I’ve got a few years before I retire I was going to wait till then but a lot of my hunting is on my own be nice to have a bit of company Billy no mates ?.   

Get one in mate cant beat having a dog for knocking about with

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, C.green said:

Get one in mate cant beat having a dog for knocking about with

I used to have a rough coated black fell she was very prey driven good to have about but unfortunately I lost her at 5 years old.

Thats a lovely looking Border Bitch you put up earlier good coat for the type of hunting you do that’s the sort of dog I would be interested in, years ago I used to follow a hunt and help out the terrier man he used to use one for digging and it was quite a strong hard type like you said it was a slow starter but once it knew it’s job there was no stopping it.