Pics Of Your Bushing Dogs

I dont know any one with one with working dogs or any dogs for that matter they dont get competative and the russell will just follow the chocolate patt I would like to use them to shift a couple charlies [BANNED TEXT] they are older but they are on the other side of the farm no worries about them the recal was easy feed them half of they get in the morning and a give them a bit of grub everty time they come back [BANNED TEXT] called works a treat mate atb

• Like 1

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couple more of ours     first pic sire and dam in middle with 2 pups either side second pic mother middle pups either side

fell/russell/beagle/bull... . are some folk trying to reinvent the wheel.            

Old pic I have .1980 ish 

Posted Images

They dont get competative the russell will follow the brown patterdale plus ive never knew anyone with working dogs mate the recal is easy for me they all naturally wanna come back u juss gotta be as if wat u have is better thsn a sniff of a bunny atb mate

I would be worried if they prefer what I have to the sniff of bunny but each to their own. But get your point about using treats for recall, enjoy your pups. I have a 9 month olds SLT pup coming on at the minute sirloin steak wouldn't get her off scent and am happy with that. Been the same since 3 month old, all dogs are different though enjoy the fun you must have with 4 pups cheers

They dont get competative the russell will follow the brown patterdale plus ive never knew anyone with working dogs mate the recal is easy for me they all naturally wanna come back u juss gotta be as if wat u have is better thsn a sniff of a bunny atb mate

I have this problem, thought I'd nailed the recall but when she sniffs a bunny or squirrel she's off and goes deaf, never too far away (50 yds or so max) but never even looks my way until she feels like it

No not as a rule, but obviously occasionally foxes crop up when bushing for rabbits. Recall in a 6 month pup and 12 month youngster are a different ball game in my experience just got to be consistent I suppose. None of the dogs I work with hunt up far but if the scent is fresh then I would expect them to follow it, with bunnies this isn't generally far certainly not in the ground I hunt anyway cheers

I work mainly my uncles farm large arable and cattle farm flat land few woodland areas and large hedgerows. 1 sporting lucas, 1 bed x grey lurcher, 2 border terriers, 1 dodgy Russell and occasionally 1 schnauzer ( believe it or not he isn't too bad). The lucas is mine the rest others but the work together regularly and do a far job. I choose I lucas because I grew up with rough coated Russell types and the always did a good job alongside lurchers and after research the SLT seemed to suit my needs. On top of this I liked the look if them in truth and I have to live with it , so far do good at. 9 months she has exceeded my expectations and those I hunt with who know more than me atb