Smaller Terriers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11 inch bitch

12 inches isn't so small for a working terrier. I have 8 working dogs in the kennel, 4 under 12 inches. The bitch below's less than 10, under 4,5 kg. Very usefull on badgers. But I use stronger dogs

A couple of sisters that don't mind a walk in the park

Posted Images

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/uploads/monthly_09_2012/post-73658-0-90527700-1348489631.jpg

C.S.

Bilbo ,big dog you've probably seen Him work ..The wee dog ,was a Mating of the Nielston Show Judges' bitch to the wifes Step-father..you Know him.Montys Diggin' pal..

11inch ..and was well thought of ..Keeper on Skye was after her for years.. :yes:

• Like 1

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/uploads/monthly_09_2012/post-73658-0-90527700-1348489631.jpg

C.S.

Bilbo ,big dog you've probably seen Him work ..The wee dog ,was a Mating of the Nielston Show Judges' bitch to the wifes Step-father..you Know him.Montys Diggin' pal..

11inch ..and was well thought of ..Keeper on Skye was after her for years.. :yes:

:thumbs: . i used a little black from the same stuff over a tiny russell i had and thats what produced the best little bolter ive owned :yes: should have stuck with that stuff. it was ted adsett breeding. very small but would of been a good starting point.

edited to add i produced a ringer for that little one in the litter i'm on about. :thumbs:

Edited by Cleanspade
  • Like 1

C.S.

:thumbs: . i used a little black from the same stuff over a tiny russell i had and thats what produced the best little bolter ive owned :yes: should have stuck with that stuff. it was ted adsett breeding. very small but would of been a good starting point.

edited to add i produced a ringer for that little one in the litter i'm on about. :thumbs:

The Jagd lookalikes,I had Kickin' about ,Were rated Shite! ? by Folk around the Village.never seen them work tho !

Anyhow my Old neighbour Old Skool Keeper..Family as old as Nielston itself..cut the Turf at the Brig O 'Lea , liked the Breeding & the Dog.

Got me to cover his Border / Black fell.a great wee bitch.. and HEY HO ! Litter ended up Round the Village in the Hands of the self same Folk. AND PROVING ITSELF. , that same shite stuff,is in Tbars and Local Hunt Terriermans stuff .as far as I'm aware.. :whistling: Breeding still kickin' around Local..none of it Anything to do with myself :blink: Funny ol' world the Terrier game..

• Like 2

Stop bleating on about the "good old days" for the lads out there digging these are their "good old days".

If things are broke fix em

the lads out digging . its may ffs. the time of year when folk put there terriers aside and reflect . how can you discuss anything.without comparing this is the terrier DISCUSSION. section so lets discuss :thumbs:

I meant in the season CS, discuss away but lets not write off todays tikes

• Like 2

Stop bleating on about the "good old days" for the lads out there digging these are their "good old days".

the lads out digging . its may ffs. the time of year when folk put there terriers aside and reflect . how can you discuss anything.without comparing this is the terrier DISCUSSION. section so lets discuss :thumbs:

. Tyke

i would'nt dream of it. there are some very fine terriers around i'm sure. i just fancied chatting about the little uns. past and present . allthough sadly there aint a lot of em about.

the trouble is when you get the bitches the size you want its hard work trying to find the right size dog,

an old chap told me once 19mm spaner is no use on a 10mm nut,

ive been told loads of times my dogs are to small atb woods

• Like 2