Smaller Terriers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

11 inch bitch

12 inches isn't so small for a working terrier. I have 8 working dogs in the kennel, 4 under 12 inches. The bitch below's less than 10, under 4,5 kg. Very usefull on badgers. But I use stronger dogs

A couple of sisters that don't mind a walk in the park

Posted Images

C.S, as you'll Know most of the Dogs bred & Worked round our neck of the woods ..were on the small side due to the Kicked out Rabbit Burrows around the West Coast etc..Most kept a Large dog akin to Bilbo an the like..for when needed,alot as it happened

.When the LOCALS started going Further afield for their dogs rather than breeding amongst themselves,size got bigger..

The Judge,at the Neilston show ,a case, never went that far afield for his breeding..his still on the small side.. :thumbs:

ive seen a few about but like the smooth russells there aint many decent lines. breeding for this quality. what can a big terrier do that a good little un cant :huh: .

Not be a doormat when matey wants out

. Youd have shot it the night before

A, great older man told me that, an how true he was that say over 25 years ago you could buy say a Russell pup of a farm and it would work, well, and a buddy could get one somewhere and that would work something, just way they were. I think alot guys like standing there with, the big names and dogs and money, and with this they have this type of dog with traits,

ive seen a few about but like the smooth russells there aint many decent lines. breeding for this quality. what can a big terrier do that a good little un cant :huh: .

ive seen a few small terriers that will turn a fox into a rug. if it try's the old doormat trick. :D

• Like 1

ive seen a few small terriers that will turn a fox into a rug. if it try's the old doormat trick. :D

. Like wise you carnt beat a good pipe cleaner Edited by gonetoearth

Stop bleating on about the "good old days" for the lads out there digging these are their "good old days".

If things are broke fix em

the lads out digging . its may ffs. the time of year when folk put there terriers aside and reflect . how can you discuss anything.without comparing this is the terrier DISCUSSION. section so lets discuss :thumbs:

:yes::thumbs: Your pic of 'maddie' is the spit of my old girl Leika. Uncanny. Matriarch of Remlap line. :D

• Like 2