What Colour Is This?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Albino x mick hucknall ?

Think it is a ginger but theres no colour code to check against need to ask Rakeabout

Its called a mcferret from the far north of scotland they run the moors wild up there nasty we creatures give it irn bru that tames them good luck

Posted Images

Could be the flash, but it looks like it has red eyes ? I dont have a clue about genes, but what would happen if you crossed a albino ferret with a Black (melanistic) ferret? Something like this maybe, thats neither, nor?... Is`nt the black gene more dominant than the white when crossed?

He's been Tangoed!

Wow, really unusual, love it :)

Going by the attached from American Ferret Association website (gotta love Google!), I'd say Cinnamin?

Cinnamon Cinnamons will display a strong reddish cast to the guard hairs. A noticeable color difference exists between Cinnamons and Champagnes; Cinnamons are not as common as Champagnes.

Guard Hairs rich light reddish brown

Undercoatpreferred is a golden hue, but a white is acceptable

Eyeslight to dark burgundy

Nose preferred is brick colored, beige/pink with light brown or brick 'T' outline. Pink is allowed but not preferred.

http://www.ferret.org/events/colors/colorchart.html

Edited by jennym

He's been Tangoed!

Wow, really unusual, love it :)

Going by the attached from American Ferret Association website (gotta love Google!), I'd say Cinnamin?

Cinnamon Cinnamons will display a strong reddish cast to the guard hairs. A noticeable color difference exists between Cinnamons and Champagnes; Cinnamons are not as common as Champagnes.

Guard Hairs rich light reddish brown

Undercoatpreferred is a golden hue, but a white is acceptable

Eyeslight to dark burgundy

Nose preferred is brick colored, beige/pink with light brown or brick 'T' outline. Pink is allowed but not preferred.

http://www.ferret.org/events/colors/colorchart.html

Seen cinnamon, sandies, champagnes genuinely think this is a mutation. ferrets come in all colours and shades. could he pass this colour onto his kits?

Could be the flash, but it looks like it has red eyes ? I dont have a clue about genes, but what would happen if you crossed a albino ferret with a Black (melanistic) ferret? Something like this maybe, thats neither, nor?... Is`nt the black gene more dominant than the white when crossed?

Never seen anything remotely like this before and no idea how it could have been bred. But I doubt it would be albino x black - the gene for albino is recessive, so crossing an albino with another colour doesn't dilute the other colour to give something in between the two.