New Hutch Am Building For The New Arrivals

A tip for you.That will save you a lot of money in the long run. Get down to you local roofing supplier and get some flow coat to cover the sterling board with. Paint it on thickly and the boards will almost last forever.

TC

• Like 1

Picked up some timber myself this week,,,a load of 2 x2 spars about 8 foot long,,, just dumped at the side of the road,,,looking for some nice marine ply now

• Like 1

Haha aye they shouldn't when am finished a hope!

Av coated it with good timber care stuff so after its all done it get a whole coat again

The problem with timber care stuff, is. It cannot permeate glue and that is what sterling board is glue, with some wood shavings. The only way of stopping it de laminating and to waterproof it is to cover the outside of the board to stop water getting into the board.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 1

Picked up some timber myself this week,,,a load of 2 x2 spars about 8 foot long,,, just dumped at the side of the road,,,looking for some nice marine ply now

they fell off my van i`ll pick em up cheers :thumbs:

• Like 3

Lol,,,,,yeh and bounced over a fence in to a field,,,I hate fly tippers littering the countryside. But sometimes you can pic up some stuff,,,pallets for wood burning are a faveriout ,,,,,,but you have to be quick with pallets,,,,drove past them in the car ,,gone back later in my van,,,and the feckers have gone,,,lol

Lol,,,,,yeh and bounced over a fence in to a field,,,I hate fly tippers littering the countryside. But sometimes you can pic up some stuff,,,pallets for wood burning are a faveriout ,,,,,,but you have to be quick with pallets,,,,drove past them in the car ,,gone back later in my van,,,and the feckers have gone,,,lol

any 8x4 sheets you find will be mine n all :tongue2:

• Like 1