Goose Advice Pt 2

Hi all I was on my permission today

Was having a brilliant days shoot with a couple of rooks one pigeon and a miss on the biggest hare iv ever seen .. Anyways back to the point

The farmer has asked me to get rid of the geese that are on his farm in any ways possible

Anyways the first time I was there I just spotted the geese as they were off and didn't come back that day .

Today i seen them again just as they were taking off so I held my shot and let them circle just as they were coming in to land

I heard this voice and a dog so I held off the

shot . The geese had gone by this time . So I got up spoke to the bloke and he asked if I was going to shoot the geese

" I said yes in a polite manner "

" he said well we like to see the geese around here so could I leave them "

" I asked him if he owned the field or dose he now the owner if he didn't "

He said yes we keep an eye out for the farmer on his land

" I showed him my grant of permission and explained that the farmer wants them gone as they are shitting all over the place are wrecking his field .. He then said well they are out of season and I should leave them be as they aren't nesting ... !!!!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll get these fecking idiots believing it .... On the plus side, longest wildfowl thread ever lol. Another group of friends

Some assumption, where do you get that from? Looks to me like he was letting them come in close before he took the shot and even when he heard a voice safety came first??

If the farmer tells you to get the hares shot you crack on and get the job done.

If I don't shoot them the farmer will only get someone eles there to do the same ..

Cheers pal I'm going there Friday afternoon and going to take hide and leave it up down there

I'll up date with photos

Also hope fully no more neighbours come running over

• Like 1

and stop shooting hares when the have young

what gives you the right to tell people what not to shoot.the farmers over here shoot them to keep hare coursing of the land.harewood estates is the worst ever and thats the queens cousan

Perhaps he is taking the "MIK" Les. :laugh::boogy:

• Like 2

and stop shooting hares when the have young

what gives you the right to tell people what not to shoot.the farmers over here shoot them to keep hare coursing of the land.harewood estates is the worst ever and thats the queens cousan

Perhaps he is taking the "MIK" Les. :laugh: pmsl joe well said :boogy:

• Like 1

whats differance if the farmer wants them shot .you shoot them by the way i dont shoot hares unless somebody wants 1 for the pot.i bet your a coursing man and its you lot that get them shot.

I'm far from a coursing man but just think its a disgrace how shooters kill everything and them shout 'pest control'. If you got off your lazy fat asses during the season and done it properly you wouldn't have to do it during the summer, fuxking fair weather wankers not hunters
  • Like 3

whats differance if the farmer wants them shot .you shoot them by the way i dont shoot hares unless somebody wants 1 for the pot.i bet your a coursing man and its you lot that get them shot.

I'm far from a coursing man but just think its a disgrace how shooters kill everything and them shout 'pest control'. If you got off your lazy fat asses during the season and done it properly you wouldn't have to do it during the summer, fuxking fair weather wankers not hunters

So your an anti on a shooting forum. :yes:

• Like 1