Anyone know what could be causing this on my pup? I've checked for fleas and can't see any I've ordered some advocate anyway just to make sure! This baldness has only appeared in the last week or so, she has it on both sides and has lost some hair in the middle of her tail aswell, any help/advice would be great, cheers

South20Ayrshire-20140505-01001_zpsfb6c8f

IMG-20140505-01000_zpsc26dc207.jpg

Have you changed her feed? My pup went similar too yours when I started adding gain garmivit on his feed I just stopped adding it and jabbed him with ivamac just incase it was a skin condition that was two weeks ago and nearly all his hair that he lost has grown back? Ps my dog was itching a lot too and also had no fleas or anything

I've just changed her recently from gain sapling to gain 28 maybe it to high a protein for her? That's what I thought to begin with but it only happened over the last week and she's been on that feed for about 3 weeks now

Try the food first if you don't see any change with that would look at a form of

alopecia, as both sides look to be identical, low thyroid can also cause thinning

try giving kelp also as that can help the coat.

How olds the pup? Most pups will 'Blow' their coat heavily around the 5-8 month mark. Looks terrible in black dogs particularly, its also often accompanied by dandruff (like in your pic) which again sticks out more with black dogs. Good varied diet and oils, also the addition of Evening Primrose Oil can help in my experience. :thumbs:

I have a black smooth pup here ( 9 Months old) and been through the same thing recently, it came out in clumps.

Edited by Sirius

How olds the pup? Most pups will 'Blow' their coat heavily around the 5-8 month mark. Looks terrible in black dogs particularly, its also often accompanied by dandruff (like in your pic) which again sticks out more with black dogs. Good varied diet and oils, also the addition of Evening Primrose Oil can help in my experience. :thumbs:

I have a black smooth pup here ( 9 Months old) and been through the same thing recently, it came out in clumps.

She's bang on 8 months mate, so fingers crossed its somthing as simple as that!

I've changed her to a lower protein diet so I'll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks and see how she fairs :thumbs:

• Like 1