Digital Calipers

I'm going to have a bash at reloading and I need to get some calipers to measure o/a length. I've decided on digital ones as my eyes aren't what they were. :cray:

Can someone enlighten me on what the difference is between £5 ones and the £100 ones. (And i don't mean the £95).

How much should I spend to get a decent set?

I'm going to have a bash at reloading and I need to get some calipers to measure o/a length. I've decided on digital ones as my eyes aren't what they were. :cray:

Can someone enlighten me on what the difference is between £5 ones and the £100 ones. (And i don't mean the £95).

you wont go far wrong with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/mitutoyo-digital-caliper

you wont go far wrong with these http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/mitutoyo-digital-caliper

Yeah, saw those. I was erring towards the £5 ones though. :laugh:

Yeah, saw those. I was erring towards the £5 ones though. :laugh:

very good kit mate

i bought a pair of mine in aldi's mate, they are workzone, made in germany i believe, i use them for my work every day, they are spot on ( im a machinist), they are well made and very accurate.

if your not using them in a machine shop where accuracy and dead measurement is crucial, and I think with reloading it isn't, a cheap one is ok, after all most of your work will be only making sure that your rounds are consistant, I can`t see 5thou here or there making much of a difference and the cheap callipers are well up to working to a higher tolerance than that, just stock up on batteries as the cheapo I use eats them