Micro Ferrets: What Are They For?

Dunno about micro ferrets, I work jills and other half refers to them as 'weasels' so they might be similiar lol.

I've kept ferrets for years and I've kept them in chinchilla/indoor cages and in a hutch.

If you are having male ferrets in the house you defo want them neutered yes as no matter how clean you keep them they will still have that musky smell.

My ferrets are pets as well as workers, mine have names, and if they're buggering about down a rabbit hole and i whistle on them they come out, anyway I digress.

Your ferrets will either work or not. I mean its in them instinctually. You can work your ferrets but still they can be pets, take them out and work them one day and then the next get them out in the house let them run about the couch etc.

When I lived in town I had a jill ferret and I would leave the cage open when I was able to supervise and she would gallop about the flat, she automatically took herself back into cage to go poop, very clean animals. Funniest thing is a hyper ferret galloping about laminate flooring at speed!

My other half has 2 massive entire ferrets, they don't have names, he looks after them well enough but they're not pets.

Feel free to PM me if you want a ferret related chat, I've had hobs and jills over the years and as I say kept inside and outside so might be able to help with any queries you have.

Cheers

Jenny

Thanks Jenny, you're a star :thumbs:

I already have two hobs (one pole' and one albino, brothers) and they're funny as any pet I've had before. No need for laminate flooring as these are the chuckle brothers of the ferret world. However, I keep these in a luxurious outdoor hutch and soon to castrate them, to see if it enhances attitudes and lessens the smell to eventually bring them indoors.

My main interest in the topic is for the misses. She's a typical lass: house proud and loves anything pink and fluffy/smooth; not my large, rough playing and rather smelly boys but she'd love micros if she could get some.

She wants Jill's and to keep them indoors and let them roam free, as we did with the rats but I'd like to know if they're like our usual fez's and need to get out in the field once in a while or whether they're the sort to stay insides.

I'm assuming your fella has some Polecats of sorts?

May message you soon ;) take care and thank you dearly for the comment.

White

I don't want to be overlooking something simplistic but knowing what I do about animals/pets I've had before some hybrids and sub species can require specific needs and different lifestyles compared to the original specie.

I am quite proud of my pets as I don't have kids, so they're like my babies instead and I like to be prepared for any ill no doubt be getting- however, no books on micro ferrets and the net holds many opinions on this subject than factual notes.

White,

The so called micro ferrets are just small ferrets, they are not a sub-species just a small ferret. They need the same care and attention as a normal ferret, no more, no less.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 5

Aye i have ten ferrets here all colours and dont know what most folk would call them , but i know what i do grafters or they dont earn there place to stay here .

• Like 1

Too bloody many, thats how many Tomo

Ma heart sinks when ah see the wee PM icon. First thing I say is,, " those two cnuts are a pain in the hoop"

Pair oh twats, the two oh yeh`s :bye:

Rake you love it apart from the social worker do you get much contact with folk these days :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

To be honest hobs can be more cuddly than jills. The jills are very quick, like running about.

Tell your misses to have a look at some of the american ferret websites, they love them over there, more popular than dogs, they dress them up and everything lol. My mum bought mine harnesses and used to walk them up the farm road, they loved it.

If you are keeping your ferrets inside, there's no reason why your good lady cannae let them out in living room let them run about when your watching tv and then you take them out ferreting the next day.

Ferrets are like wee dogs, great wee things :)

• Like 1