Micro Ferrets: What Are They For?

Hi guys,

Been talking to the misses about my ferrets and the fact I want them castrated. I love my fezza's, they're very much pets as much as tools of the trade but she's keen on getting a micro: if there's any available.

I've been discussing although they'll be staying in a chinchilla/large rat cage, are their needs and lifestyle any different to the ferrets we know and love and can they actually hunt and if so, what?

If anyone has had them, I'd be intrigued to find out from first hand experience than to internet interpretations or from the Pets At Home "guide to pets" LOL.

White

Wonder how many newbies asking about Eu ,,greyhound micros ect we can get to pm him by the end of the breeding season,,,lol

Now you're just showing off with how much you already know about these Micros <_<:laugh:

Had any yourself by any chance?

White

Wonder how many newbies asking about Eu ,,greyhound micros ect we can get to pm him by the end of the breeding season,,,lol

Now you're just showing off with how much you already know about these Micros <_<:laugh:

Had any yourself by any chance?

White

Lol. We have all got ferrets. Some bigger than others.

Dunno about micro ferrets, I work jills and other half refers to them as 'weasels' so they might be similiar lol.

I've kept ferrets for years and I've kept them in chinchilla/indoor cages and in a hutch.

If you are having male ferrets in the house you defo want them neutered yes as no matter how clean you keep them they will still have that musky smell.

My ferrets are pets as well as workers, mine have names, and if they're buggering about down a rabbit hole and i whistle on them they come out, anyway I digress.

Your ferrets will either work or not. I mean its in them instinctually. You can work your ferrets but still they can be pets, take them out and work them one day and then the next get them out in the house let them run about the couch etc.

When I lived in town I had a jill ferret and I would leave the cage open when I was able to supervise and she would gallop about the flat, she automatically took herself back into cage to go poop, very clean animals. Funniest thing is a hyper ferret galloping about laminate flooring at speed!

My other half has 2 massive entire ferrets, they don't have names, he looks after them well enough but they're not pets.

Feel free to PM me if you want a ferret related chat, I've had hobs and jills over the years and as I say kept inside and outside so might be able to help with any queries you have.

Cheers

Jenny

• Like 1