Douglas Link is/was a breeder of brassicas and a grass. collected information off of various gamedog forums and passed it off as his own. set up his own "gamedog" forum, then posted links on various anti sites suggesting they read it. would also post under various different names, and even argue with himself to stir up a debate! Hardly someone who's book i'd rush out and buy...

yokel.

• Like 3

(Yokel,I like your signature,very true)

(This is only my opinion and I know there are PLENTY far more knowing than myself)

I have been told by many Good terriermen,some would call a couple of them,"old timers" I guess,that the Fell Terrier is fully capable of standing on its own,without need of bull blood.In all areas,tenacity,grit,gameness,whatever term you use,desire to stay the course til the job is over.And that there is no benefit whatsoever.

But I think while that may be the case with some,maybe many, I think depending on what you want to accomplish,like a bit bigger,stronger working dog,to help prevent your standard Fell from getting unduly knocked about,by bigger quarry.I know that has been the case when we crossed them.

But again,some Terriermen stand behind the belief that a good Fell needs no bull added and can handle whatever it needs to,and I can think of a few that have surely seem to prove that belief.(one such dog immediately comes to mind,I've posted about before,Cedar,a little red rough coated male,that never failed and was just hard,clever and would work anything.He just turned 17 this past February,is mostly blind,wobbles a bit,but cleans his plate and daily makes his laps around his 10 x 10 kennel.I just spoke with his owner about him last week.)

(Yokel,I like your signature,very true)

(This is only my opinion and I know there are PLENTY far more knowing than myself)

I have been told by many Good terriermen,some would call a couple of them,"old timers" I guess,that the Fell Terrier is fully capable of standing on its own,without need of bull blood.In all areas,tenacity,grit,gameness,whatever term you use,desire to stay the course til the job is over.And that there is no benefit whatsoever.

But I think while that may be the case with some,maybe many, I think depending on what you want to accomplish,like a bit bigger,stronger working dog,to help prevent your standard Fell from getting unduly knocked about,by bigger quarry.I know that has been the case when we crossed them.

But again,some Terriermen stand behind the belief that a good Fell needs no bull added and can handle whatever it needs to,and I can think of a few that have surely seem to prove that belief.(one such dog immediately comes to mind,I've posted about before,Cedar,a little red rough coated male,that never failed and was just hard,clever and would work anything.He just turned 17 this past February,is mostly blind,wobbles a bit,but cleans his plate and daily makes his laps around his 10 x 10 kennel.I just spoke with his owner about him last week.)[/quote

What film is his signiture quote out of?

I asked to have my post removed ,because I misunderstood the topic,but was told I couldn't.Anyhow,I don't know what Yokels signature,other than I like it.

I do think I may have heard Paul Harvey say it in an old radio broadcast.uru

No is it a decent read?

Yes it is very good. Its about how the pit bull evolved,how it grew in to what it is today, hence "the garden" It starts with the Mastive types.. I dont know about the author being a grass..I do know that he kept certain names out of the book because those people didnt want them printed. He also states several times that he himself does not support dog fighting..That didnt sound very undercover to me..Basically the book is very good and answers the question you are asking.