rifle men

Guest whitser

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think using lurchers is far more selective,ie theres more chance of taking old, weak,or injured foxe's,so in a way its more natural.Must say though,if i was a sheep farmer with a problem fox,i'd take the gun everytime.I've been shooting rabbits from the motor,and have squeaked foxe's in so close,i could probably have jumped out and grabbed it meself.JMO :thumbs:

take them by whatever means necessary, most have read on here that i took sixteen foxes from one farm, thats because he lost 37 lambs the year before, and i thought to myself i would'nt like to kill off in the area, thinking i wouldn't hear from him for at least two or three years, and the problem was partly solved, he called me to say the place was living with them again,

i couldn't believe it, so went down and over the last month have taken SIX out again!!!!!!! so i wouldn't under -estimate their numbers, driving a few mile around spotted a vixen with three cubs playing on a hill but left them to it, so their still around......... :thumbs:

Couldn't care what use call it to be honest.. i still say it's sickening for a dog man to see it, and i don't know many dog men that don't.

Baldie i've never shot and probably never will, lots of shooting lads couldn't give a shit about dog lads so why should i care about them ffs And like i say we've had farmers giving off bucket loads about lads cause they're shooting the land into shite and it's anything thats moves.

None of use live here and none of use see the cowboys that are running about with them.. the change in the last couple of seasons ie. Post troubles has been ridiculous.

It's getting to be more and more about numbers and not testing the dogs. Dog lads going out and coming back bragging about taking big numbers but they forgot to mention about the rifle on the back seat :thumbs::laugh: Thats true to. Cocks.

There is no right or wrong on this one, it depends what side of the fence you sit on, what you prefer and where you live.

If you rifle charlies then chances are the dog boys will piss you off every now and again, if you run charlies then the rifle boys will do the same for you.

If its sport you want maybe a dog is your option, if your into pest control then a rifle is the way.

Up here in the hills it isnt even worth getting a lurcher out of the truck, go fourty miles down the road to Herefordshire and the dog comes into its own.

FFS stop bitching, its hard enough as it is but slaughter like some photos on here does our cause no good at all, f**k up the balance and it all goes wrong.

Onelesscharlie

Ok fair enough ye dog lads want us rifle men to stop shooting the poor old fox, I do both and see nowth wrong, lets meet you guys half way, we will take the rounds fron the gun if you remove the dogs teeth.

you see thats the problem, one person complains and everybody else is tarred with the same brush, like your post above seems to indicate.also the word "poor old fox", why use such words it sounds like your reffering to antis ?

theres no "poor old fox" where i'm concerned, i have taken out as many with lurchers (pre ban) as a man with a gun probably could, like i said in my previous post "each to there own" what ever your into.

Foxes are vermin.In some parts of Southern Ireland, they take all the hares, where their was once hares every where, now their is none, this is sad, as once you would go out with a running dog and the dogs tounge would hardly be in, as their was course after course and just few were killed, usually the weak and old, as most coursing does.

I, personally, dont give a monkeys, what method is used, as long as they are controled, as too many foxes, is bad news.

i go out lamping with the guns and ive never shot a fox in my life , i had plenty of chances to but i just didnt see the need they hadnt killed poultry or what ever :gunsmilie:

What would you be shooting them with then GWH?? :hmm:

Ban all guns i say.. and the sooner the better :wallbash::angry: (quote)

your one supid tit :thumbdown:

all taken by an evil rifle :feck:

IMG_0273.jpg

not a bad bit of shooting then, each to there own, i always took them with the lurchers pre ban and although never got that amount in a night (came pretty close though) would do that amount weekly,quite regular.

imo shooters do kill a lot of foxes and so they should, they should'nt be missing many if they know what there doing, but a decent lurcher can take a very large number throughout the season, and so it should to be classed as a proper fox dog.

everybody seems to blame each other for the lack of quarry in an area, for example: the lurcherman has a shit night so he blames the shooter because he went out and shot five foxes during the week, but if the lurcherman went out and killed five foxes he would'nt give a shit about anyone else either would he, but you guessed it the shooter would then be complaining about him.

first come, first served i say, you've got to put the hours in to get the results, foxes wont come looking for you.but you've got to get out to to find them, theres no point sitting at home complaining when you could be out looking.

foxes are a very clever animal but they can be further educated by amateurs, whether they are shooters, or dog men/women.

Best bit of common sense uttered here IMHO,each to there own,since the ban I am getting phone calls all the time to shoot foxes that would normally be left for the hunt.And,there aren't many lurcher men that run foxes round here anyway. :thumbs:

For every idiot shooter there is an idiot dogman. On Sunday I watched 3 boys "out from town" meander their way across 3 farms, into fields with livestock in, and all without a single line of permission. The local foot harrier pack are waiting for the cattle to be brought in, but that didn't stop these "hunters".

Muppets let their dogs run wide, let 2 get hit by a fencer wire and strolled about roaring at the top of their voices and wearing fecking white hoodies.

Any animal with half a head was gone before they got within a course length. I work for my permission, and these "dogmen" drive out in a stolen van and take the piss.

It isn't a one way street by any means, just because someone uses a dog instead of a gun doesn't mean they can't be a dickhead.

Guest whitser

lads i wasnt saying foxes shouldn't be shot on the lamp just that a little common sense should prevail. no use shooting fox after fox after fox after fox. conor when i see all them foxes hanging on the gate i just think what a waste of some good hunting. maybe foxes are plentyfull round your way but on in some places i hunt and lamp they're like hens teeth.