Birds Nests And Eggs Thread

I have a bit of permission for rabbits and the wood is next to that, its trawled to death by dog walkers but the kids round here would sooner be on the xbox than nesting or making dens. I Netted the area last year and brought the numbers right down but when i was out nesting i saw upward of 30 rabbits :blink: ..

Only ever found one before jd so i hope your right :thumbs: .

i would have found a jays by now or my mate would have, but the forestry decided earlier this year to strip all the rhodies out and let the blackberry bushes take hold.tbh i think its a good call as more small birds will benifit from it

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its that time of year when birds are making their nests and laying eggs,iv been out just locally and found quite a few nest already and tbh not really looked that hard to some years so these are just

We had to change a pole over today. Inside the cable guard that was running up the side of pole was a Great Tit nest with 7 or 8 chicks. We tried our best to take the guard off as carefully as possibl

You don't see these all too often........   baby snipe......

Posted Images

i can see why theyve done it as they are a bit invasive..The wood local to me has had the old rotten trees cut down..feck knows when the woodpeckers ect are going to nest this year :unsure: but then again they wont have thought that through..

i can see why theyve done it as they are a bit invasive..The wood local to me has had the old rotten trees cut down..feck knows when the woodpeckers ect are going to nest this year :unsure: but then again they wont have thought that through..

iv seen woodpeckers drumming on trees and also seen a few nuthatches entering hollows,and the forestry are now building a new path through the wood and that chiffchaff nest is just of the path hope they dont turn soil over on it

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

A mate found these today. Needless to say the tree wasn't felled. It will wait for another day.

it wont be long before their branchers,found a few last season just sitting for all to see and the mother tawny owl sitting near by keeping an eye on them, great photo moxy keep them coming :yes:

A bit of a crappy pic, I couldn't get a decent shot of the nest due to its position and i dare not disturb the bark. I have quite a few of these nesting in my home made nest site too, which are 100% squirrel proof!

post-16-0-63549400-1399017392_thumb.jpg