Pub Or House

It seems by theses posts that if you like the company of others and enjoy a good natter then the pub is for you ... If you like your own company then home is the place to be ..... I work all day on my own and I love it ... I like the solitude and piece and quiet so I suppose a pub is the last place I want to be .......

Sod that i cant stand being on my own for long thats how i get in arguments :D ................I suppose if you enjoy the taste of drink rather than the social thing then drinking at home is perfectly normal.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't drink at home, just doesn't work for me. For me drinking is a social thing. And in my mind anyone that sits at home and gets pissed up alone needs to seriously consider what the fucks going on?

I'm not a drinker so kinda out of place anyway.   But there's nothing better than an hour in good company at a lovely country pub. Good way to wind down after a mornings shooting too, doesn't feel

I'm 30 and have avoided drinking in pubs for about 7 yr now . Saying that I am an unsociable twat

Am I the only one who loves a pub! I don't drink to get drunk I drink for the company theres nothing better than meeting up with pals for a pint I don't like drinking alone so don't drink at home don't see the point and don't like night clubs. Pool tables, dart boards, karaoke machines, and good company make a cracking night/all day lol in the pub to me IMO

You can keep ya karaoke and darts but I love having a few apple and raspberry J2Os at a decent pub. :D

Couldn't agree with you more. :thumbs:

see that's your were your going wrong nobody sings on j20s you need a couple of jd an cokes and you'll be carrying on like an extra from shameless lol

I know mate, we all have our faults. LOL

your alright mate mines drinking lol

It seems by theses posts that if you like the company of others and enjoy a good natter then the pub is for you ... If you like your own company then home is the place to be ..... I work all day on my own and I love it ... I like the solitude and piece and quiet so I suppose a pub is the last place I want to be .......

Sod that i cant stand being on my own for long thats how i get in arguments :D ................I suppose if you enjoy the taste of drink rather than the social thing then drinking at home is perfectly normal.

I enjoy a glass of wine so when I get in after a hard day its nice to crack open the fridge and pour a glass out ... The day I can't get up and put a full shift in because of having a drink I will check myself ........

• Like 1

Can't drink at home, just doesn't work for me. For me drinking is a social thing. And in my mind anyone that sits at home and gets pissed up alone needs to seriously consider what the fucks going on? Just my personal opinion. Although it would be a whole lot cheaper !

spot on!!! ive had issues with drinking, infact i near enough killed myself from the amount i used to drink...... :icon_redface: not proud of it, if anything feel ashamed about it!!! but now hardly ever drink at home, f***ing stupid going down that route again........ :yes:

BUT....... :D i play pool 3 nights a week and practice it another 2 so do end up having a few most nights lol but f**k all compared to how bad i was (8 stellas and a small bottle of whiskey every night :bad: ) if im honest im really getting sick and tired of drinking......as much as i love pool, the laughs with the lads and the night its self im thinking of dropping out the two teams i play for for a while to have some time off it and stay out the pubs........more to life than looking down a pint glass PLUS i might be going to sweden again soon for a while so will need to shape up for that!!!!

i love drinking and the fun you can have while on a session but when the shite involved with it outweighs the good bits then its time to f**k it off........... ;)

your a long time dead! :yes:

if ya can get out and have a pint or two and enjoy the crac. thats just the job but if you enjoy a drink in the house thats all well and good. me, i like a drink the same as the next man and wont give up untill im in my box!

• Like 2

I havent been in a pub for 3 years EXCEPT for when a lad on here came to buy a pup.we ventured out for the night and that was ok but i wont be doing it again in a hurry,i got a wedding coming up and id do anything not to go to it,but im stuck,gotta be there.i like a bottle or two at home watching the t v or on here,but i couldnt give a shite if i ever drink again.i avoid situations where im in a big crowd expected to drink all night,not for me.my parents never ever drank,none of my sisters drink and i barely drinkl........my sons make up for us all though.they lie a good lash every now and then

• Like 2

A bit of both for me. I'm more of a smoker than a drinker anyway but both are good in there own right. In the house, it would need to be an occasion, nothing great, maybe a football match, have a couple of beers. Go to the mates, have a couple of beers with a smoke. As for the pub, depending on my mood, I like quiet pubs and busy ones.

These days I much prefer a glass of good red than anything else but i'd never drink wine out, so these days I'm mostly at home with my vino.

I still, whenever possible, enjoy a good pint of cask in a real pub and there lies the problem, where I now live what were once village pubs are now foody gastro chain shite that, although still serving cask, don't want you stood at the bar supping it. The bar is for ordering food...! :sorry:

The name stays the same but the pub, on the inside, looks the same as all the other chain pups all over the country, devoid of atmosphere, fun and drinkers! :no:

Another thing that boils my piss is the chain pubs none interest in the history and names of the pubs they have in their 'care'!

You can always tell this, before entering, by the pub sign. :rolleyes:

Old favorites like, for example, The Dog and Bull, which in my youth would depict a bull dog squaring up to a bull that knew what was coming, all painted in a style of times gone by, there once was pride in a pub sign!

Now a washed out, cheaply done, smiley Labradoodle stands happily alongside a feminine looking equally smiley Bull, both happy in each others company.... Total shite, history discarded, history lost...! :censored:

Nah, these days i'll stick to me red... Sorry, rant over.... :angel:

I like a glass or two of red in the house, but never been keen on drinking at home, unless its a function/party/barby ect, but to me there is nothing better than going out on the lash after a good days shooting or whatever, the post mortem of the day the craic the laughs, just as important to me as the day (nearly) and I must admit I dont feel like I have had a weekend somehow if I dont go out for a few on fri/sat night, I used to go out every night, not get pissed every night but go out, but times change, not necessarily for the better.

These days I much prefer a glass of good red than anything else but i'd never drink wine out, so these days I'm mostly at home with my vino.

I still, whenever possible, enjoy a good pint of cask in a real pub and there lies the problem, where I now live what were once village pubs are now foody gastro chain shite that, although still serving cask, don't want you stood at the bar supping it. The bar is for ordering food...! :sorry:

The name stays the same but the pub, on the inside, looks the same as all the other chain pups all over the country, devoid of atmosphere, fun and drinkers! :no:

Another thing that boils my piss is the chain pubs none interest in the history and names of the pubs they have in their 'care'!

You can always tell this, before entering, by the pub sign. :rolleyes:

Old favorites like, for example, The Dog and Bull, which in my youth would depict a bull dog squaring up to a bull that knew what was coming, all painted in a style of times gone by, there once was pride in a pub sign!

Now a washed out, cheaply done, smiley Labradoodle stands happily alongside a feminine looking equally smiley Bull, both happy in each others company.... Total shite, history discarded, history lost...! :censored:

Nah, these days i'll stick to me red... Sorry, rant over.... :angel:

I laughed out loud at your description of the sign :laugh::clapper:

Can't drink at home, just doesn't work for me. For me drinking is a social thing. And in my mind anyone that sits at home and gets pissed up alone needs to seriously consider what the fucks going on? Just my personal opinion. Although it would be a whole lot cheaper !

spot on!!! ive had issues with drinking, infact i near enough killed myself from the amount i used to drink...... :icon_redface: not proud of it, if anything feel ashamed about it!!! but now hardly ever drink at home, f*****g stupid going down that route again........ :yes:

BUT....... :D i play pool 3 nights a week and practice it another 2 so do end up having a few most nights lol but f**k all compared to how bad i was (8 stellas and a small bottle of whiskey every night :bad: ) if im honest im really getting sick and tired of drinking......as much as i love pool, the laughs with the lads and the night its self im thinking of dropping out the two teams i play for for a while to have some time off it and stay out the pubs........more to life than looking down a pint glass PLUS i might be going to sweden again soon for a while so will need to shape up for that!!!!

i love drinking and the fun you can have while on a session but when the shite involved with it outweighs the good bits then its time to f**k it off........... ;)

never mind the drink how the fook did you get into 2 pool teams ..........i`m not really a drinker few now n again but i can hold my own in a session its a nice balance to have keep cutting back mate and save yourself a few quid .....and buy a decent van ;)

spot on!!! ive had issues with drinking, infact i near enough killed myself from the amount i used to drink...... :icon_redface: not proud of it, if anything feel ashamed about it!!! but now hardly ever drink at home, f*****g stupid going down that route again........ :yes:

never mind the drink how the fook did you get into 2 pool teams ..........i`m not really a drinker few now n again but i can hold my own in a session its a nice balance to have keep cutting back mate and save yourself a few quid .....and buy a decent van ;)

captain of a new one we set up near me mate so undroppable......... :toast: and my brothers team are short atm so any kunts guaranteed a game there......... :D:D plus my games improved no end after playing 5 nights a week lol......just wish i could go in an drink coke but when everyone else is getting a few down its hard not to join in...... :icon_redface:

your right about the costs tho mate......scared to work out much money ive pissed up the wall over the last ten years..... :(

captain of a new one we set up near me mate so undroppable......... :toast: and my brothers team are short atm so any kunts guaranteed a game there......... :D:D plus my games improved no end after playing 5 nights a week lol......just wish i could go in an drink coke but when everyone else is getting a few down its hard not to join in...... :icon_redface:

your right about the costs tho mate......scared to work out much money ive pissed up the wall over the last ten years..... :(

i cut down a few year back few slim line bitter lemons --then a couple of pints end of the night ,,,,

I have this conversation with mates often,

There's a lad who subbies a lot for me, as soon as he finishes work he gets his labourer to drive home and he'll have a couple of cans in the van, then a couple when he gets in,.. Every night, I just couldn't be assed with that personally...

Another of my good mates was drinking 6-8 cans of lager ever night after work, he was a real good footballer, but he got fat quickly... He's knocked that on the head now and just has a good drink if we're altogether, or there's an occasion he looks much better for it too..

My problem is I'm more of a binge drinker, I won't drink for weeks and couldn't care less, but if I go out for a drink it won't be a couple of pints, I enjoy the Craic of a night out in good company, and like to make it last lol..

• Like 2