:yes:Raw Green Tripe is pucka grub for jukels,...and it is great to mix with Lamb bones, chicken carcases, Pig's hearts, Sheeps heads,...rabbits and deer,...etc...

It is not high in protein,..but has other qualities,...and only a brave man would dare cook it....feck that for a game of soldiers... :laugh:

File0068.jpg

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

try mince with there puppy meal when fully weaned personely i dont like a barf diet for running dogs i prefer a good quality complete, raw meat ,fish and veg mixed in through the week i never found just feeding a barf diet cut it when dogs had a few hard days

My dogs are fed a pure raw diet and work hard every day come sun or rain and they never lose condition or energy ........

You hunt differently to me you ferret and lamp bunnys i dont if it worked for me feeding just raw i would feed just that but it dont so i wont :laugh::thumbs:

try mince with there puppy meal when fully weaned personely i dont like a barf diet for running dogs i prefer a good quality complete, raw meat ,fish and veg mixed in through the week i never found just feeding a barf diet cut it when dogs had a few hard days

My dogs are fed a pure raw diet and work hard every day come sun or rain and they never lose condition or energy ........

You hunt differently to me you ferret and lamp bunnys i dont if it worked for me feeding just raw i would feed just that but it dont so i wont :laugh::thumbs:

I only hunt bunnies ... What a statement ....What you hunting fella ... Fukcing Lions :laugh:

I only hunt bunnies ... What a statement ....What you hunting fella ... Fukcing Lions :laugh:

Nope i said you hunt differently to me you ferret i dont mine run with a pack of hounds and i dont lamp rabbits, if feeding yours raw works for you lamping rabbits and ferreting does not mean its gonna work for me i dont just feed hounds raw either i mix there diet up 70% raw 30% other i feed terriers 100% raw i dont like feeding it 100% to my lurchers they look jaded flat coated and worn after a few days if they didnt i would feed 100% raw how i feed mine works for me they always look better on raw mixed through the week with a complet meal or fish and veg :thumbs:

When feeding raw it is important to know exactly what the different types of meat, offal etc contain. A lot of people say that raw doesn't suit their dogs, but it is sometimes because they aren't adding enough fat to the diet. I have one bitch who needs a lot of extra fat in her diet: she gets a good lump of hard lamb or beef fat added to the raw meat and carcases.

Also, the minced tripe for sale generally has most of the fat cut out: nowhere near as good as buying whole tripes and cutting them into chunks, fat and all.

Some types of lurcher do need more carbs: especially the Saluki types. Rice, pasta, bread can be added.

• Like 3

When feeding raw it is important to know exactly what the different types of meat, offal etc contain. A lot of people say that raw doesn't suit their dogs, but it is sometimes because they aren't adding enough fat to the diet. I have one bitch who needs a lot of extra fat in her diet: she gets a good lump of hard lamb or beef fat added to the raw meat and carcases.

Also, the minced tripe for sale generally has most of the fat cut out: nowhere near as good as buying whole tripes and cutting them into chunks, fat and all.

Some types of lurcher do need more carbs: especially the Saluki types. Rice, pasta, bread can be added.

Spot on Penny I feed mine meat from game that has been caght or shot I also buy various minced meat pre packed in bulk and I throw a handfull of a good quality dry dog food in with it .....but in the winter when they are working I also add lard .

When I was a stalker many years a go I fed my dogs on a dry meal through out the summer then when we started the stags and hinds the dogs were fed the tripe the legs and heads of the beasts we shot then back onto dry food after the season had finished ...the differance in the dogs whole wellbeing when they were on the meat was enough to convince my to what I will always feed my dogs on now

When we get our new pup we will be feeding a good quality puppy complete dry food and then introducing half a chicken wing at a time until it's stomach acid has built up enough to handle less dry food and more bones. Our flat coats are mostly on a bone diet (free from our local butcher) but we do supplement this with a good quality dry food (Proplan) depending on how easy they are going to the toilet. It's about finding a good balance which suits your dogs digestive system, some dogs will be fine on 100% bones while others won't. Our older dog struggles to go to toilet after a few days on bones, whilst the younger one is fine, every dog is different.

When we get our new pup we will be feeding a good quality puppy complete dry food and then introducing half a chicken wing at a time until it's stomach acid has built up enough to handle less dry food and more bones. Our flat coats are mostly on a bone diet (free from our local butcher) but we do supplement this with a good quality dry food (Proplan) depending on how easy they are going to the toilet. It's about finding a good balance which suits your dogs digestive system, some dogs will be fine on 100% bones while others won't. Our older dog struggles to go to toilet after a few days on bones, whilst the younger one is fine, every dog is different.

Why not get some good quality mince meat? Mined carcass and minced beef and feed if you don't want to feed chicken wings so early on?

Although my pup was eating chicken wings at 6 weeks and whole rabbits at 8 weeks.

• Like 1

You should never feed just bones: bones should make up no more than 20-30% of the total diet, or the dog gets constipated, not to mention getting an imbalance in nutrients. Best way to feed bones is to use chicken or rabbit carcases, adding a lamb rib or substituting breast of lamb including the ribs from time to time. Large animal leg bones are too hard for dogs and they are liable to break their teeth cracking them open, as well as sometimes causing splinters. Rabbit and chicken leg bones are fine, or very young lamb, but anything the size of a sheep, pig or cow, or deer (very hard bones in deer leg bones) should be avoided.

• Like 2

I feed a predominately raw meat and bone diet, and with a puppy, its started as soon as possible, they thrive on it. Keep the diet varied, do some research and you wont go far wrong. :yes:
I have never fed a complete diet to my dogs in my life :huh:

Edited by Sirius

:yes:Raw Green Tripe is pucka grub for jukels,...and it is great to mix with Lamb bones, chicken carcases, Pig's hearts, Sheeps heads,...rabbits and deer,...etc...

It is not high in protein,..but has other qualities,...and only a brave man would dare cook it....feck that for a game of soldiers... :laugh:

File0068.jpg

Cook in kennel or outside. Its quite high in calcium and is ok with other stuff. theres what you like to feed and then theres good stuff :D Atb Phil

File0068.jpg

I remember trying to defrost some in the microwave,unfortunately got the settings mixed up and cooked it for 10 minutes

I pulled a muscle in my stomach wrenching so hard threw the newish microwave away in the end,

Can't deny the dogs love it thoygh

• Like 2