Greyhound Foxes Help Needed

FF2E2BD3-7B5A-458C-8D95-4614940C99EB_zps

Not a greyhound fox,but an unusual one all the same,was taken in an area where similar foxes have been taken,this pic is off an old tread,was chatting to member through pm who got the fox and it turns out similar fox was taken in same area,was also informed of a similar one picked up of the road as road kill close by

Edited by smasher
  • Like 6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a greyhound fox,but an unusual one all the same,was taken in an area where similar foxes have been taken,this pic is off an old tread,was chatting to member through pm who got the fox and it turns

What a shame such an unusual specimen had such a bad stuffing

Written quite a bit on the main site about Greyhound Foxes http://lakelandhuntingmemories.com/index.htm   ,

Posted Images

When it comes to shape, colour and coat I'd believe anything regarding the Red Fox but one thing I wont buy is the legendary 40 pounder.

I killed one of the biggest foxes I've ever seen this year but didn't weigh him.

A couple of days later I killed another big dog and had a scales in my pocket. He was 18 1/2 lbs weight.

So I'm guessing the first fox was around 22 or 23 lbs so for a 40 pounder you'd have to nearly double that. Impossible IMO.

I know the Guinness book of records had the record at 30 lbs years back (I think it was shot in Gloucestershire) so another 10 lbs on top of that , I don't think so.

• Like 1

Apologies for being a little off subject but I watched a 3/4 grown Leveret this morning as it was getting bright and the first thing I thought of was this Fox. The Leveret was marked exactly the same with the same colouring. Never ever have I seen a Hare at this time of the year like it.

The Fox in the photo, is it the one Black Stuff took ?

He told me all about it.FF2E2BD3-7B5A-458C-8D95-4614940C99EB_zps

• Like 1

Apologies for being a little off subject but I watched a 3/4 grown Leveret this morning as it was getting bright and the first thing I thought of was this Fox. The Leveret was marked exactly the same with the same colouring. Never ever have I seen a Hare at this time of the year like it.

The Fox in the photo, is it the one Black Stuff took ?

He told me all about it.FF2E2BD3-7B5A-458C-8D95-4614940C99EB_zps

yes Neil the fox in the first picture is off a tread Blackstuff had up last year,I pm'd him that I had a picture of a similar fox taken around the same time,and it turns out they were both taken in close proximity,he also informed me that one had been picked up as road kill in the same general area,so it would seem that they are unique to that area

I have 2 pictures here of 2 foxes I dug 2 of the biggest foxes I have ever seen,both were dug not 2 fields apart in separate seasons,I took a pic of a dog I had on the day with the fox and the fox was larger in size than the dog,the dog was 24 lbs,

• Like 1

There you go Smasher, proves that there can be localised traits in colour and size.

Would love to see the 24 pounder. Might have seen one or two that size in the flesh but doubt I ever had one in my hands that size.

Fair play.

if you want to pm Neil I can send you pictures,
  • Like 1