Wildfowl With An Air Rifle?

Nice one. Thank you. There's a pond next to the chicken farm I do pest control on. I asked the farmer about the duck. He said the numbers might be a little high, so I could take a couple out for him, providing he got one for the pot.

Grub's up!

when i was a lad was out with a mate and he says im gunna shoot that duck off pond(with air rifle) i says if ya shoot it your going in for it , well it was mid november and fecking cold, he normally couldnt hit his foot never mind a duck at 20 metres, but he did, clean head shot, duck rolls over, he looks at me with a look of terror, then without even taking his boots of walks into pond, as he goes it gets deeper and deeper until hes up to his neck and just about manages to grab duck, emerges like a mythical beast steaming and shaking like a shiteing dog , gives me the duck , doesnt say a word and walks home , about 2 miles , i was just pissing myself didnt see him for a week or so , laughing my ass of remembering this......................point is dont shoot it if a cant retrieve it :)

• Like 1

remember a few years back me and a mate stopped at another mates farm and used to take it in turns every few hours to go for a quik wander around with my airgun, my mate had decided it was his turn to go, and i watched him walk of down the hill. As he reached the bottom, a brace of mallard came over him at what looked to me about 90yrds! i watched him raise the gun and swing thru,and i thought "not a cat in hells chance!!" then i watched the drake fall out the sky stone fecking dead, :icon_redface: you should have seen the bloody smile on his face when he turned round to see if anybody had seen it lol he was a bit modest and said they were defo no further than 50yrds but from where i was stood it was an amazing shot! went and picked the duck and yep stone dead, but never found where the pellet had hit it? i was winding him saying it had spotted his ginger mug and died laughing lol he still brings it up now in the pub from time to time, i just deny all knowlage lol :laugh: and this was in september by the way before anybody starts :tongue2:

• Like 1