1 busher with a good voice.

heavy dog for heavy quarry

light dog for faster stuff

• Like 4

2 runners..1 heavy 1 light.

thats what i should end up with this season if the right pup comes along as i already have 2 lurchers ie pip an out and out busher takes day and night and a half bull x pup coming on for 6mths :thumbs:

Me and Jai's ideal pack is 2 runners and a busher when mooching, its probaly our least productive form of hunting but its by far the most enjoyable by a mile. :thumbs:

• Like 3

Sabba thats exactly what I have but got the old lurcher bitch aswell my old warrior that even when retired will be out with me mooching

For me it would be a well behaved terrier that stays fairly close,and a fairly sturdy lurcher that can work cover when necessary without getting cut to pieces,maybe a 1/4 beddy or collie.

im thinking of jacking in the lurchers full stop and just keeping a few bushers,least i can still get out and wont be catching any less than i already am :D

in ideal world id keep a couple cocker/russells with a decent bull x :thumbs:

2 runners..1 heavy 1 light.

Exactly my thoughts.

Got myself a "heavy" runner booked for next year. Will have my pup and the old girl, pup will be the speed and the old girl will be the brains.

Just need to get myself a busher. Been waiting for the right thing to come up for a good while now. Probably going to be Russell or Russell x cocker etc.

Two runners two bushers shouldn't need anything else for general mooching if there any good! One runner on a slip one of running around cover two buahers anymore on your own could be a right handfull, well two like mine would be.

In an ideal hunting world id never thrash about without enough dogs to cover the said land and cover,that idyll would be 2 educated lurchers and a 2 or 3 vocal bushers,then there would be at least another lurcher of busher being educated to the task at times.

• Like 1

I agree must be vocal not worth having otherwise imo, let's you know whats happening, direction location etc and if you know your dogs well anoth you will have a rough idea what they are on to.

Edited by Bazil brush
  • Like 1

Edited by mud