Your Ideal Pack???

clipo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

your right ,i could virtually gaurentee whats cuming out,,and by the noise i,ll tel you which dog is on,lol my pack ready and waiting,,

Far from Ideal because there's always room for improvement but here's some of my lot and a good friends lurcher  

2 bushers mother and son beagle/russells very vocal and work all quarry and 2 lurchers 1 collie/grey and 1 lurcher/lurcher have some good crack moochin with these 4

Posted Images

2 runners..1 heavy 1 light.

1 busher with a good voice.

heavy dog for heavy quarry

light dog for faster stuff

thats what i should end up with this season if the right pup comes along as i already have 2 lurchers ie pip an out and out busher takes day and night and a half bull x pup coming on for 6mths :thumbs:

im thinking of jacking in the lurchers full stop and just keeping a few bushers,least i can still get out and wont be catching any less than i already am :D

in ideal world id keep a couple cocker/russells with a decent bull x :thumbs:

2 runners..1 heavy 1 light.

1 busher with a good voice.

heavy dog for heavy quarry

light dog for faster stuff

Exactly my thoughts.

Got myself a "heavy" runner booked for next year. Will have my pup and the old girl, pup will be the speed and the old girl will be the brains.

Just need to get myself a busher. Been waiting for the right thing to come up for a good while now. Probably going to be Russell or Russell x cocker etc.

In an ideal hunting world id never thrash about without enough dogs to cover the said land and cover,that idyll would be 2 educated lurchers and a 2 or 3 vocal bushers,then there would be at least another lurcher of busher being educated to the task at times.

• Like 1