Do You Hunt With A Springer?

I only ever hunt with springers. I prefer springers to pcp all day long, personally. If I were shooting for any kind of commercial reason I would use a pcp no questions but for recreational use it's Springer all day long for me. More fun, more skill and more sporting. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

if your going down the FAC route i can highly recommend the hw80 in FAC they are a joy too shoot i don't own one but i would love too , i have shot the 80 in FAC and 12 flb and think you would be daft not too take a look at an 80k

just my thoughts mate but I'm sure they are shared by other on this forum

Absolutely agree with you webster! :thumbs:

My HW80 is .22 and I will never sell, replace it or tire of shooting/hunting with it. When the wind's a bit strong it keeps on with perfect accuracy as the pellet (H&N FTT 5.53) flies very fast and flat and hits very hard indeed. She never runs out of air and keeps my out shooting in wind and weather conditions where any other sub-12 .22, even as accurate as my HW77, would blow all over the place. She gives me an incredible long range capability too. I've shot rabbits clean through the head out to 100 yards without hesitation or worries with this rifle; all from a basic zero of 30 metres at which she will group all her shots into a 5p size hole.

I absolutely love my HW80 .22 rifle. She's been a loyal and faithful companion for over 16 years and, when there's a serious Rabbit problem to sort out, this is the rifle to do the job. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rifle to anyone wanting to get their FAC for a higher-powered air rifle. PCPs at this sort of performance are brilliant but, this spring rifle, in my hands at least, beats the lot.

• Like 1