Advice About Storage Heaters Needed Please :)

Hi all

just moved into a new property over the weekend , nice little place but first time i,ve had or used storage heaters ????

Were on a meter also and i just stuck 20 quid on and was shocked how much the storage heaters used over night ?!!!!??!!!

There quite old probably 70's i imagine and landlady did say she would replace so are new ones more efficient or is there other options instead of brick storage heaters ?

Also is it worth having the meter taken out and having a monthly bill ?

Do electric company's charge you more when your PAYG or is that just a myth ???

:D:huh::bye:

My leccy company gives 2.5% discount for being pay and go ..

You need to see when your tariff goes off it's peak rate and that's when you want to be using your electric the most

Storage heaters are cheaper to run as they are on the after 11pm tarrif .... However I lasted month before I ripped my fukcers out and replaced with gas and a wood burner .......

• Like 1

She's said she will pay for a new bathroom suit as long as i pay for installation , obviously any new heating would be expensive but i'm wondering weather i should ask if she pays some towards it and i pay the rest and fitting we can have a different heating system in ?

Just dont want all my money going on something un efficient ??

I had them in a cottage a rented 15 year ago,,,,,,I hate the usless fecking things,,,,they store the heat up at night,,on economy 7 then release it during the day,,,,,,,wich was shite,,cos I was at work during the day,,,,by the time I came home,,,there was no heat left,,,,,and I thought they were expensive ,,,,

In my opinion people put them in ,,,cos they won't pay for proper central heating system

superser heaters are handy if your stuck, but I wouldn't leave one unattended over night as it has naked flame at the front. bottle of gas to run it a cheap as feck. put out a decent heat too :thumbs: not really a permanent fix though.

complete f***ing nuisance those things, the ones i had in my first flat you couldnt even dry your wet gear on them as there was some trip/override switch when they got too hot- cheapest alternative i'd sooner have a couple of tube heaters, low wattage and you can fit a thermostat to them aswell :thumbs:

maybe the rules are different in england but be careful with spending money on a rental property incase you fall out with the landlord or neighbours, and need to move- im talking from experience unfortunately!

I had them in a cottage a rented 15 year ago,,,,,,I hate the usless fecking things,,,,they store the heat up at night,,on economy 7 then release it during the day,,,,,,,wich was shite,,cos I was at work during the day,,,,by the time I came home,,,there was no heat left,,,,,and I thought they were expensive ,,,,

In my opinion people put them in ,,,cos they won't pay for proper central heating system

i took 3of here 34 year ago and they weigh a fooking ton :laugh::laugh:

You can replace them with fahre electric radiators which are far more convenient but you need an electrician to take out the economy seven mains board so that they are powered up all day. These are individually programmed so you can set each room desperately. They use about a third as much electric but they are quite expensive to buy. I've installed quite a few sets of these for landlords in my time and the tenants found them much better. As has been said though you don't want to be chucking loads of cash at a rented property.