Running Dogs Through Summer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should really give everything a chance to have their young in peace ,plus hot weather not good for running dogs in, IMHO

I stopped lamping a fortnight ago but I won't stop mooching everyday. Don't go out looking for runs but the dogs put stuff up and get the odd run. I aren't one for keeping them on a lead for 6 months.

It let what will be, be.

But I don't go looking for it.

And I tend to take a 'softer' approach.

Summertime. . . . it's the time for chilling out, healing, and doing all of the things that I didn't do in the fall and winter because I was hunting :thumbs:

I rely on mine to find a couple of rabbits every few days, it's part of my job feeding raptors on the estate and I'd rather let the dogs pick a few up than have to go out with the rifle. Shotgunned ones are no good as the pellets would kill the birds which would be a bit counter productive. No serious hunting for me though just what they find on walks.

Funnily enough Tyla. . . . . part of my job on the estate seems to entail feeding raptors to. :laugh:

When you coming down matey? I need to show you my pigs and talk your head off. Lauren says if I don't shut up she'll end up strangling me. Give the woman some respite :thumbs:

I get no pleasure from running bellied up game. Pleasure beening the optrive word..........

Iv no farmer to keep happy or pest control to be done. My hunting is just purely for sport and love for dogs

But likes been said mine are never on leads so corn hunt ect but I stay away for hot spots were you "will" bump into something, plus never lamp or anything like that. Wait till weather breaks and everything's down and soften

Lol, the keeper here has similar problems but I like to think i'm helping out with the feeding platforms, not so sure he sees it that way though. I'm planning a trip soon mate, its frantic with work here though, we open 23rd May, but definitely want to come for a weekend if I can. Ideally like to combine it with the mayfly hatch?

* not sure why its not showing Ideation's post, mine doesn't make much sense without it!*

Edited by Tyla