Running Dogs Through Summer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should really give everything a chance to have their young in peace ,plus hot weather not good for running dogs in, IMHO

I stopped lamping a fortnight ago but I won't stop mooching everyday. Don't go out looking for runs but the dogs put stuff up and get the odd run. I aren't one for keeping them on a lead for 6 months.

I stopped lamping a fortnight ago but I won't stop mooching everyday. Don't go out looking for runs but the dogs put stuff up and get the odd run. I aren't one for keeping them on a lead for 6 months.

Same as me mate, if she puts something up I'm not going to be screaming at her not to run it

• Like 1

Same as me mate, if she puts something up I'm not going to be screaming at her not to run it

I did try the whole "keep them away from all game" once but they just get frustrated. It's not the same giving them a run across a football pitch when they are used to hunting up and working to their own game. You just can't substitute for that mental stimulation.
  • Like 1

For me, the only people who should be running dogs now is those who have youngsters on that can't wait, or folk who need to act on genuine pest control calls.

You with older dogs should have give 'em plenty over the winter, so this time of year its long walks in a change of scenery, taking stock and forward planning for the end of summer...???

For me, the only people who should be running dogs now is those who have youngsters on that can't wait, or folk who need to act on genuine pest control calls.

You with older dogs should have give 'em plenty over the winter, so this time of year its long walks in a change of scenery, taking stock and forward planning for the end of summer...???

Take me little boy out for a spin tonight local and he cant wait rareing to go ;)

Take me little boy out for a spin tonight local and he cant wait rareing to go ;)

I did mean 'young dogs' but I suppose the same applies to kids... :laugh:

Hope he has a great night. :thumbs:

I did mean 'young dogs' but I suppose the same applies to kids... :laugh:

Hope he has a great night. :thumbs:

Lol I thought thats what you meant after posting .. And thanks mate ;)

I'm sure most dogs don't NEED to be running game year round ,rest tired muscles and tendons will pay dividends for next season.bring young dogs on on a few green rabbits but that's it .no need for it IMHO.

No one's saying they have to stay kennelled

• Like 2