i think it could get out, i was taking a crow out of one yesterday and its head fitted throught the mesh and got caught near its shoulders, a young magpie or hen would get out i think, try it and let us know,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The one i seen was an adult it must of spotted the dead bunnie in the Gos aviary but not the goshawk and squeazed through for a bit of scran.. i heard the noise going on so i went for a look.. the Hawk was not hungry and seemed to be play chasing the magpie so i thought feck it and left them too it.. when i next went to check the magpie had vanished.. so it went out the same way it came in.. that will have been around the back end of Febuary.. :thumbs:

Yeah they can get out if there young they sort of get a head and shoulder through first and the rest follows but your biggest problem is the call bird it will spend its days trying to get out and you end up with a bird with bald patches over its head and a damaged beak