Its one of those thing where it is just a case of buying a few tins and working through them to find which brand and type best suits your rifle and pocket!

Being a springer you probably want to go for a lighter weight pellet but always make sure you buy the best quality that you can RWS super dome and Crosman acupel are my two favorite pellets for a spring gun.

You used to be able to buy trial packs of pellets with a few pellets from a range of brands to try, not sure if these are still going but if they are they are well worth a go

Cheers

This was exactly the right kind of information for me .... I knew I needed to test lots of different types but wasn't looking forward to buying multiple tins of 500 which I might never then use.

And I totally agree the prices look extremely sensible ... plus they take PayPal; bonus!

In general I am a huge Crosman pellet fan (I love Accu Pell's for my .177's and .22's). But my go-to pellet will depend on what I'm shooting for and over what ranges. I love the .22 pest control by Bisley, but I use that for shorter ranges on rats. For longer shots they are not as accurate, but in a close up role, they provide good clean kills, in my experience. However, if I'm looking at longer ranges, e.g. over 10 meters, I go domed. Usually Accu Pell.

I hope that helps. I use Accu Pell in my Gamo .177, but I've heard great stuff about the Gamo Match Grade pellets.