Daystate Air Ranger

Is there really a difference in sub 12ftlb rifles for range? Between and Ultra and a Ranger? I expect both to be solid out to 50yrd and honestly without going FAC not sure any PCP rifle is that different at 50-60yrd.

Hello Milesy75.

It's more a matter of how well you can shoot accurately to the ranges you want to reach. 50-metres is about as much of a maximum-distance range for hunting with a sub-12 ft/lb air rifle for most shooters in whatever calibre. Even with an FAC air rifle. I shoot with spring rifles in both .177 and .22 and I rarely take a shot on a rabbit at 50-60 metres unless I know for absolute certainty I can hit it clean and humanely. My average killing range on rabbits is 30-40 metres, even with an FAC HW80 .22 and even that is a test of hold and patient practice techniques to be able to shoot with confidence to long ranges.

I find more shooters miss rabbits and watch them escape unharmed into the bush and scrub at 10-15 metres, if their scope is zeroed at 25-30-metres because of a simple lack of full knowledge of the trajectory of the shot from their rifle.

If you like the look of the Air Wolf to hunt with, buy it. It will do the job at 50-60 metres, as will your BSA Ultra, if you can! :thumbs:

• Like 3