Couple Of Questions

1) Does any one know of any one in Dorset or the surrounding area who could give my TX200 a good tune up?

2) can any one recommend a good scope for around £100? Its been years since I bought a scope for an air rifle and I think I might like to try out one of these new fangled mil dot reticles or maybe even one of them ones that looks like a tree??

What are peoples experiences with these types of reticle and which is best??

Cheers

Pete

Hi Pete

Airgun tune.co.uk a bloke called Mike Upton or Mike Collins in Kinson ,I have used both Mike upton did my HW97kt .177 and Mike Collins did my HW97k .22

I have a few scopes you are more than welcome to come up and have look

Edited by villaman

I think I might like to try out one of these new fangled mil dot reticles or maybe even one of them ones that looks like a tree??

Send us your £100, Pete, and I'll send you something that looks like a tree :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

• Like 1

I think I might like to try out one of these new fangled mil dot reticles or maybe even one of them ones that looks like a tree??

Send us your £100, Pete, and I'll send you something that looks like a tree :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

:laugh: :laugh:

Hi Pete.

The "Tree" in your question is an SCB (Small Calibre Ballistic) reticle. This is a ladder scale that enables you to plot the point-of-impact trajectory of your shot over differing ranges, closer and further out from a basic set-zero range. Looks complicated but it's not.

Basically, it helps establish an accurate holdover reference aim-point. The further away your target, the more you will raise or elevate your rifle and shoot on the marks lower down to the base of the scale. The horizontal arms or "Branches" of the scale are helpful in establishing windage adjustments over the distances your shooting takes you. Software like Hawke's Chairgun is very effective at helping you calibrate your scope to your rifle and shot so that, the various cross-arms of the scale indicate exactly where your shot is going to hit at defined and understood range distances.

A lot of scopes are available with this type of reticle and the best I've tried was a HAWKE SR12 reticle on a 6-18X44 Airmax scope. It was devastatingly accurate when used in conjunction with chairgun software for my HW77 .22 rifle. Set on 14xmag and zeroed on the third lower post at 35 yards, the scale gave me true range accuracy at 25 metres centre-to-centre 1st position) on the crosshairs, 30-metres (2nd position) below that, 35 (3rd position) 40-45-50- and so on, down to 55 metres on the very bottom cross-arm centre. Conversely, it also helped you to establish your aim points on targets closer to you than your basic 25-metre zero as a hold-under scale. Alas, I believe this scope is no longer made.

MTC and Nikko Stirling also make scopes with these reticles. But the Hawke Panorama series scopes with their 10.5 half-mildot reticle is a superb scope well worth looking into. Simple to use, uncluttered and blisteringly accurate. And don't cost that much more over your budget.

I picked up a lovely pair of 4-12x40mm and 4-12x50mm Panorama AO IR scopes for £130 each from Redbeck shooting Supplies near Wakefield, West Yorkshire. Both are proving superb for my HW77 .22 and HW97K .177 respectively.

Best wishes.

Simon

Cheers Simon thats the info I was looking for!

Having looked around, and discovered that there is also "map 6" I'm probably going to go for one of three

The BSA quarry king

Hawke air max ev

or the AGS cobolt redi mount

• Like 1

Hi Mate

I have a Hawke Air Max EV 3 - 9 X 50 on my R10, it's certainly worth the money! Took a bit of getting used to but once I mastered it, it was deadly.

I have read on here that Hawke have had an issue with recoiling air guns of late, but mine has been on my HW77, 97 and R10 with no issues.