To Sell Or Not To Sell?

A few weeks ago I lent my mate/boss my TX200 to shoot the rats that had been invading his bird table, he had been shooting them with his .17hmr :blink: and wanted some thing a bit quieter!

Now he has had it a few weeks he likes the TX so much he has offered me fair money for it and with some roe stalking booked for next month it would be a handy bit of cash but it feels like I would be selling my best friend!

So the question is

Sell the TX200 and buy a HW80 and go stalking any way?

Or

Don't sell the TX200 and go stalking any way?

:D

i don't get on ith tx200s but i have 2 hw80 and can't see past them , one in .22 and one in .177 both have taken rabbits out at 40 yards and i use my .177 for hft shooting and am very happy with the way it performs , i also find the 80 a shed load quicker to load and a lot less fussy to load

• Like 1

The poor old TX has been festering at the back of a cupboard for a couple of years because I had a pcp but I got disillusioned with that pretty quick!

Now after shooting the longbow for a few days I'm starting to miss the TX

i don't get on ith tx200s but i have 2 hw80 and can't see past them , one in .22 and one in .177 both have taken rabbits out at 40 yards and i use my .177 for hft shooting and am very happy with the way it performs , i also find the 80 a shed load quicker to load and a lot less fussy to load

I got on alright with the TX and had loading it down to a fine art at one point, I do miss the weight of it though, that longbow is great fun but its no where near as steady as a heavier rifle

Of the two, I'd go for the HW80. Mine is 16 years old, a .22 that has never left me wanting on a hunting foray. True it is tuned to FAC but in sub-12ft/lb versions it is still the best break barrel rifle there is.

I had a beautiful TX200 .22 rifle but, I just couldn't quite gel with it. I sold that for an HW97K and I couldn't be happier....than when I'm out with my .22 HW77!

THREE brilliant Weihrauch rifles to consider but, if a break barrel is what you really want, the HW80 is without a rival. I have never heard of anyone regretting buying one, but I've come upon loads of lads who regret selling theirs. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Tx200 all the way for me, mines ruff (bluing patchy, couple of dinks to the stock the front catch to told the cocking arm been mended / bodged ) but I wouldn't have it any other way, it shoots well