Lamping Filter

Afternoon people,

Just a quick post, after being out lamping lately I have noticed the rabbits on my permission are very skittish around white light, maybe because some little idiots have been taking their pieces of junk air rifles on it and made them lamp shy, so I have decided to filter my lamp it's a ultrafire 1300 lumen cree light that I have mounted on my rifle, I know the reviews on this lamp are mixed but it offers me about 180 meters range and is perfect for what I use it for, close-ish range rabbiting and ratting. I ordered a a4 size piece of 3mm transparent red acrylic, which is deeply saturated so it is ideal.

Please feel free to post any tips and advice on lamping with red light. Also what are you opinions on static lamping or would you recommend keep moving.

ATB Nathan

post-87567-0-62422400-1396877846.jpg

post-87567-0-58979400-1396877860.jpg

post-87567-0-76074300-1396877869.jpg

I think from initial testing it looks like it is being reduced by around 40% so for close range shooting (25-35yards) it might be ok I will be doing some night time testing tonight, do you have any idea as to where I can buy a red led for this model?

ATB Nathan

I haven't noticed much of an improvement variating filters. Especially using greens and blues.

I find they don't filter true through incandescent or led.

Amber is a good start then change to red. Plus amber may give you a little more range when foggy or misty.

Defiantly red for rats. I very rarely use white light.

No matter what the colour. Once rabbits or rats get the idea of an unnatural light blinding them. They soon become wise.