Border Chance

All of mine were frim kc stuff and graffted,i produced grafters to and won loads of terrier shows with them.never been to a kc show,but to me its how you bring them up as alot of people think they are slow starters so they leave them in until they are 3.treat them like ya russels,lakelands and blackuns and they will graft like them or better.now they are at least £500 a pup if i was going to get another now i would be looking at a good quality 1 for that sort of cash and every dig i was on from that been 6mths old it would be with me watching and listerning till its time come.

• Like 1

I've always wanted a genuine working Border Terrier but the breed is saturated with liars and pocket liners peddling shite...

The sad but funny thing is, a fortune awaits someone that breeds the right gear at the right price....

I've always wanted a genuine working Border Terrier but the breed is saturated with liars and pocket liners peddling shite...

The sad but funny thing is, a fortune awaits someone that breeds the right gear at the right price....

Isnt that true of any terrier breed though, and what is the right price? I imagine people who have managed to breed a good strain of terrier have "making a fortune at the right price" very low on there list of priorites,because puppy farming and genuine working dogs dont go together.

My families been breeding working Borders for as long as I can remember my great grandad started our line and he past it down to my grandad and so on. We can still date are line back to his 1st terrier. Weve had no problems with ours working some people say they are late starters but I would have to disagree. We dont sell any of our pups thought only let them go to a certain few. Not out to make money just want the best dog I can breed.

• Like 2

Ive been looking for a while but havent come across any worth mentioning, anyone advertising litters seem to be pets and rabbit dogs.

Theres' the rub...."ADVERTISING "..if you have to. Well !!!! :whistling: there out there ...Tho :yes:

I know of Good Blood being ..Advertised,albiet not Border..To pay Bills and keep other Dogs / Huntin' going..,but that's not the norm.

None of these Dogs were Advertised..with any Breeding or History..the buyers buying in full knowledge,all they were getting was a "DOG" although a couple of months in they would be probably wondering what they had let themselves into :laugh:

Most dogs I.M.O. Advertised ,with this Ped and that Ped..take with a pinch of salt..nearly never get, what it says on the Tin.. :thumbs:

• Like 1

i have a couple of borders from Polish/Czech working lines, over there they have to pass a working test before you can breed from them. some ot them join earth dog competitions and are doing really well.

mine mature a bit later than my other dogs but this can depend on the line. but once they have started they are doing well strong heads and not to big in the chest.

i have a couple of borders from Polish/Czech working lines, over there they have to pass a working test before you can breed from them. some ot them join earth dog competitions and are doing really well.

mine mature a bit later than my other dogs but this can depend on the line. but once they have started they are doing well strong heads and not to big in the chest.

they have to pass here aswell mate or they go in the wheelybin.

• Like 2