Border Chance

Ive read from a few sources that border litters dont have a great percentage of sucess compare with other breeds, is this true or is this due to people breeding off poor blood as its not so available. And what are peoples experiences of border x patts

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Old member recently started looking on again.

Looking for a good stamp of border breeder can anyone point me in a genuine direction.

Wanting small traditional working type not bothered by papers or silly money.

In north east but can travel.

Do bush work and flush for big dogs and will be kept indoors around kids as house pet also.

Cheers

Ive never bartered over the price of a dog in my life. If i want it I will pay what is asked. If i dont think its worth it I just keep my mouth shut.

Same here mate. If that's what you want and that's what it costs then that's what you pay. Simple

Iv got no problems paying a good price but I just feel if people charging fashionable prices they may not be breeding for the right reason so you could get less dog for more money. True dog lads charge what has always done them not what pets 4 homes say

Edited by wellard
  • Like 2

I wouldnt buy a dog without looking into to it and getting to know if its bred right. All im saying is once you have done your research and you find a dog/pup you really want then just buy it despite what you think of the price. Its just the price. If you cant afford it just dont buy it but dont miss out on a good dog for a few quid,its only money. If the dog turns out no good its the time you regret not the money imo.

What Im saying is seriously think about the breeding and how genuine that is instead of clouding your mind with the money.

• Like 1

breed with care do your home work and the chances of producing good pups are good ,same with any breed realy the better the parents less chance of rubbish .

We're talking Border Terriers here, its difficult enough finding a good line of workers that produce the same. Its even harder finding breeders that tell the truth, that don't fabricate pedigrees & don't sell for ridiculous money. These who sell pups to anyone for £500 a pop & think they're doing the breed justice are deluded.
  • Like 3