Swift Precision Sound Moderator.

Does anyone use a Swift Precision Nightingale .17hmr sound moderator?

At the moment I use a SAK .22 mod. and want to know if I would find much improvement with the Swift and use the SAK on my new .22. Thats £35 opposed to £130 for a Swift.

I use a Swift, proofed .17 HMR moderator, which cost £50 several years ago, as bunny boiler says, you can't cut down the supersonic crack to any extent.

At the time of buying, I did a side by side test with friend, who had paid over £200 for his hand made special, which was four inches longer and weighed a lot more than the Swift. We agreed there was no noticeable difference in sound volume, his having a slightly flatter note. I've found the Swift robust in use, while being very easy to strip and clean.

So is their much difference between the sak and swift on a hmr?

Reason I ask is I have a decimeater on the hmr at the moment, but it has somehow taken a blow to the internal side of the end cap. I'm going to test it for accuracy issues and if theirs a problem I'm going to use my sak silencer until I replace the decimeater

Well, I watched Richard Uttings reviews and he is adament that the Swift Nightingale in .17 is the bee's knees for this fast little ammo. A big difference over the Sirroco or SAK so I think I'm going to lash out on one - maybe a Swift Stubby as well for the new night .22. After all, it's only money !!! :rolleyes: