Jagds In Georgia Replacing The Foxhound?

Here an adventure a friend of mine had a couple of weeks ago. I thought is was pretty funny and thought I'd share it here.

In his words.....

"Moments before my jagds where PROUDLY disqualified for not responding to the huntmaster or his trumpet but out of 42 dog's my Damon and James E Mills's Voodoo where the only two that made a kill and stretched fur a nice grey fox!! And both me or the jagds have never hunted like this before I was invited as where the jagds."

untitled564_zps386e1b0b.jpg

Freddy is a great guy that hunts his little dogs hard. He hunts them to ground and above. I wish I could have posted one of the videos.... it was pretty funny. He was proud as hell that his dogs were disqualified. :)

I think that is the case General Lee.... Cool screen name by the way. :) The jagds track real well and have the kind of drive that compensates for a nose that isn't quite as good as a hounds and I believe this allows them to line out some tracks faster. I sure would like to see one of these hunts. I told my friend to just teach them to come when they hear a horn blow.... he just laughed and said he was proud of them for getting themselves disqualified. I would love to bring a couple of dogs to one of these type hunts.

Jawn...is there still prize Hunts for the Jagds,Like the ones Jim Glover out of Temple. used to put on ...''Breeders Challenge Hunt''

2500 Dollar prize for 2 Day Squirrel Hunt ,the same for 2day Coon Hunt ?

None that I know of..... I wish there were, Temple isn't far from me. There are so many new lines here these days and some are fine dogs. I'd sure like to get in on that myself. :huh: I don't know of anyone who's crossed them with a beagle, but I had a couple I think were nearly as good.