just clicked :D:D:D

Purely in the interest of multi-culturism. :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"im convinced they all only chased them as there black"   You mean to say your dogs are racist?

Jackers!

Don't know what breed they are but they sure are pretty !!

You can never enough stock breaking try to put mine in most situations on hill barn and farm land atm the moment got my lurchers walking though cover with lambs about getting them use to them bolting they do look at them because it could be a rabbit but soon turn there heads when they notice what they are also taking them where therea black and white lambs

Here's my variation of the 'running inappropriate quarry' story -

About eight years back I had an ex coursing greyhound bitch and was staying for a few days at the in-laws place on the outskirts of Glasgow. I took the bitch for a walk through a rough scrubby bit of ground out the back of a housing estate where lots of people used to walk their mutts. As we came round a corner a woman was walking towards us with some sort of little chihuahua type handbag dog that appeared briefly in sight as it crossed the path from behind one tussock to behind another. My bitch flew after it and nailed it virtually at the woman's feet and immediately spat it out with a look of disgust on her face when she realised it was actually a dog. I apologised profusely to the woman, saying the bitch had thought it was a rabbit. The woman was mortally insulted that I had suggested her pooch resembled a rabbit and was more upset about that then the fact my bitch had grabbed it in the first place. :icon_redface:

Could it be the ferals only eat the grass/foliage like the deer so smell more natural where as the other field sheep eat manufactured fodder supplements and with chemicals like wormer etc give off the standard sheep smell.?

Or am I being too sensible for this early in the morning lol

I reckon so, also I think they also spend so much time away from anything human smelling, living out on the hill and in the forest. The worst are also the ones in the forest, so I guess it's because the dogs are not mentally prepared for a sheep, whereas a lot of the places we go, they just look through them as they are every where.

I've had a couple of really 'proud' moments with the whippet around stock, over the last season, one time, on the lamp, he was running a bunny and it went through a hedge into a field full of sheep, followed by the dog. . . the sheep panicked. . . a couple of hundred, and trampled over the dog and rabbit, the dog didn't go down, but was swept a long for a bit, buffeted about by the sheep, and got his way out. But at no point did he panic and start laying into them.

Another, he hurdled two sheep, to nail a bunny, squatting the other side, despite (and I only thought about this after) the fact that when I slipped him, I was basically shining the light on the sheep and hissing him on, I doubt he could see the bunny.

And he was a b*****d to stock break as a pup.

• Like 1

Could it be the ferals only eat the grass/foliage like the deer so smell more natural where as the other field sheep eat manufactured fodder supplements and with chemicals like wormer etc give off the standard sheep smell.?

I reckon so, also I think they also spend so much time away from anything human smelling, living out on the hill and in the forest. The worst are also the ones in the forest, so I guess it's because the dogs are not mentally prepared for a sheep, whereas a lot of the places we go, they just look through them as they are every where.

I've had a couple of really 'proud' moments with the whippet around stock, over the last season, one time, on the lamp, he was running a bunny and it went through a hedge into a field full of sheep, followed by the dog. . . the sheep panicked. . . a couple of hundred, and trampled over the dog and rabbit, the dog didn't go down, but was swept a long for a bit, buffeted about by the sheep, and got his way out. But at no point did he panic and start laying into them.

Another, he hurdled two sheep, to nail a bunny, squatting the other side, despite (and I only thought about this after) the fact that when I slipped him, I was basically shining the light on the sheep and hissing him on, I doubt he could see the bunny.

Would have loved to have seen that sheep hurdling catch - all credit to you for having him so well stock broken

Here's my variation of the 'running inappropriate quarry' story -

About eight years back I had an ex coursing greyhound bitch and was staying for a few days at the in-laws place on the outskirts of Glasgow. I took the bitch for a walk through a rough scrubby bit of ground out the back of a housing estate where lots of people used to walk their mutts. As we came round a corner a woman was walking towards us with some sort of little chihuahua type handbag dog that appeared briefly in sight as it crossed the path from behind one tussock to behind another. My bitch flew after it and nailed it virtually at the woman's feet and immediately spat it out with a look of disgust on her face when she realised it was actually a dog. I apologised profusely to the woman, saying the bitch had thought it was a rabbit. The woman was mortally insulted that I had suggested her pooch resembled a rabbit and was more upset about that then the fact my bitch had grabbed it in the first place. :icon_redface:

I remember my old German shepherd Lurcher develop a look in her eye once when she was looking at a small terrier ,she started to slowly walk towards it with an intense stare so I shouted at her,

Only time she done that was when the missus feral cat was in range,and she nailed that thing twice in its life.

Would have loved to have seen that sheep hurdling catch - all credit to you for having him so well stock broken

It wasn't easy to be fair, and in the first couple of years of his life I had one or two incidents out of the blue. . . . where he had a mad moment and ran one, but never actually damaged it. The worst was in woodland, bushing, out popped a feral sheep and off went the dog, couple of secs later he'd pinned it by it's fleece . . . . and when I got there he spat it out and looked horrified. . . . . I gave him a slap, and took him straight into a field full of sheep. . . . and he ignored them.

Same dog wanted to kill every ferret he saw until his first ferreting trip and since then has been 100% with them.

Dogs are odd :laugh:

"im convinced they all only chased them as there black"

You mean to say your dogs are racist?

I had I jack Russell that hated black dogs!

I had a staffy like that 20 year ago.

There was loads of black mongrels that all looked the same ran about the streets in my area for years.

The staffy had a battle with one of them one day.

I am conviced it thought every black mung it seen in the street was the same one.

• Like 1

iv alway ran mine around sheep from a pup but mostly lamping, when in wales a good few weeks back i took him with 2 hounds for some bushing,we was walking through a field littered with sheep and one just wouldnt move out the way my dog decided to trot up to it and give it a nip grabbing some wool of it and it triggered the other dogs off and they chased it into a river they all got a good slap and the sheep just went on its way but its something ill have to sort asap as i dont want it happening again

The ex mrs had an exceptionally racist EBT this thing would try to nail anybody with dark skin or wearing a motor helmet. This dog was a fuuckin liability around anyone or anything it didn't know.

As for nailing sheep had my dog do it once, I gave him a swift size 10 in the ass, a slap upside his head and went straight back to lesson 1 of stock breaking, I wouldn't have accepted it happening again and he knew it :laugh:

"im convinced they all only chased them as there black"

You mean to say your dogs are racist?

I had I jack Russell that hated black dogs!

I had a staffy like that 20 year ago.

There was loads of black mongrels that all looked the same ran about the streets in my area for years.

The staffy had a battle with one of them one day.

I am conviced it thought every black mung it seen in the street was the same one.

if I saw a black dog of any kind I knew he was gonna go for it. He went till 21. Best dog I ever had. Only dog I know that was angrier after having his balls of.