Ssg's Through A 1/2 Choke? Wreck The Barrel?

Pull one apart and try to fit the slug into the end of the barrel?

Saying that? I have two barrels and I don't think I'd like to try a slug down my choked one ..... If I had no choice? I'd ask a qualified gun smith or at least a RFD.

BH; I do believe you're perfectly correct too, mate Don't know what the f**k I was thinking of there :icon_redface:

I've fired Buck through my choked barrel. No problem! F**king Destroys a crows nest and all who sail in her! :D

What the f**k are these lumps called then? Solid slugs ....? Other than " Transit Stoppers " :laugh:

BH; I do believe you're perfectly correct too, mate Don't know what the f**k I was thinking of there :icon_redface:

I've fired Buck through my choked barrel. No problem! F**king Destroys a crows nest and all who sail in her! :D

What the f**k are these lumps called then? Solid slugs ....? Other than " Transit Stoppers " :laugh:

any thing stoppers :laugh:

their very good for shooting wheel barrows too thou....as are SG shot :yes:

Quite good at destroying telegraph wires too .....

:icon_eek: Oooh, F**k! That's gotta hurt!

We have bloody great power lines round here. Blow one of those in half and they'd come looking for ye!

they dont round hear thou...................exit stage left :icon_redface:

SSG are fine in a full choke, been there and done that, the 9 pellet 'pattern' though is a joke, in that is there isn't one, you could fluke a fox

at 90 yards, then miss a static dinner plate from 30 yards with the next shot, but you only need one pellet to hit!

However If you do try them be careful as they carry a long way and will ricochet off the ground and any hard surface all fly off over the place!

AndyF

• Like 1

SSG are fine in a full choke, been there and done that, the 9 pellet 'pattern' though is a joke, in that is there isn't one, you could fluke a fox

at 90 yards, then miss a static dinner plate from 30 yards with the next shot, but you only need one pellet to hit!

However If you do try them be careful as they carry a long way and will ricochet off the ground and any hard surface all fly off over the place!

AndyF

sg are 9.......ssg are 12 pellets

AndyF

sg are 9.......ssg are 12 pellets

Size LG 9.1mm 6 per ounce (lead)

Size SG 8.4mm 8 per ounce (lead)

Size SSG 6.8mm 15 per ounce (lead)

Think they are breneke's Pete

Think they are breneke's Pete

brenneke are imo the best slugs to use.. they have the wad attached and can be loaded with a normal loading tool and are very very ecurate and can be used thru a full choke...imo the go to slug