Added Bull/staff Blood

lol...the man with the tattooed face.....yea when chatting about these type of breeds thats probably the first image that would pop into ones head, skinead with a bomber jacket and DMs maybe camo trousers, and when the dog showed the slightest incline to do what it was originally bred for them camo trousers were soon filled with that days dinner..... but the men i know who still keep this type for work are the complete opposite.... work 5 days a week, keep the hedges trimmed and the head down and get on with what they know best...working dogs...the type youd probably see at haf 7 mass on a saturday night for sunday is no day of rest when terriers are concerned...lol

• Like 1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's a train of thought to peruse over. at the end of the 18th and into the 19th century, if we are to believe the history books, certain sporting types began crossing the heavy bodied bulldogs of t

what are the E.B.T.cross terrier's like when it comes to reproducing? I know when they were crossed into a.p.b.t. and staffords they produced some animals that were more than capable of the task for w

a edited version of the F.Buck interview published on the net in the USA Frank Buck’s first terrier came to him from his father, a gypsy who had kept his own type of terrier for many years – a line

Posted Images

The man with the tattooed face worked his dogs...believe me.

Subtle, he was not, but he did work his dogs.

The skinhead in the bomber jacket with boots and combats...that's me :D

yep, agree with the above, kept and worked a good standard of dog, and certainly wasn't the sort to fill his camo troos when it kicked off lol!...

Yokel

The man with the tattooed face worked his dogs...believe me.

Subtle, he was not, but he did work his dogs.

The skinhead in the bomber jacket with boots and combats...that's me :D

yep, agree with the above, kept and worked a good standard of dog, and certainly wasn't the sort to fill his camo troos when it kicked off lol!...

Yokel

lol... no i didnt mean your mate from the hangover would have fillled the parachute pants but you know the type im on about... and they dont have to be skinhead either that was just a general image you would of had in the late 80 early 90s but now it would be a hoody track bottoms and air max...with the dog straining on the chain like a preverbial wind bag..a far cry from the bull used to infuse most terrier types wether people admit it or not!

The best recent memory of the type of dogs I'm thinking of are(I think) in the video for "red red wine by ub40".I haven't seen it in years,but I remember a guy walking 2 down the street@ night.I tried to post a link to it,but can't even view it myself.

were the dad walks the two staffs to the local boozer to get his worse for wear son ( Ali campbell ) :)
  • Like 1

The best recent memory of the type of dogs I'm thinking of are(I think) in the video for "red red wine by ub40".I haven't seen it in years,but I remember a guy walking 2 down the street@ night.I tried to post a link to it,but can't even view it myself.

were the dad walks the two staffs to the local boozer to get his worse for wear son ( Ali campbell ) :)

Haha,yes that is it,he's slobbering on the sidewalk while his father takes the dogs out to find him.fine dogs

Just going to add my 2 pence worth about bull blood

When i first happened upon this forum i was heavily into air gun shooting and wasn't really into working dogs/lurcher's although my old man had run them for a few years .

The bull breeds section was still running and i happened that i had a small staffy bitch just coming up 12 months that i'd rehomed , nice and athletic more terrier than staffy in my opinion .

After many hours reading about people working there bull breeds i was itching to give her a try , had plenty of fun with her and even used her as a ferreting dog she had a really good nose and would mark well , ok i wont kid any of you that she was a marvel but in tight bush she did catch and hold a few and would retrieve to hand .

Had a couple of foxes with her one memorable one when we were ferreting and she marked a tight patch of blackthawn and proceeded to dive in and dispatch a young dog fox .

Ratting was fun and i cleared my brothers chicken pens with her and the ferrets , not anywhere near as good as a jack russel or other such terrier but she caught a few and i was happy with her and my admiration of bull blood has grown especially their brains , staffys defiantly add brains to a cross as they are not thick and training her was a doddle .

Maybe i was just lucky and she was a one off but i wouldnt hesitate getting another if i could find a small athletic type again :)

Thanks for reading

• Like 5

Jetro, 15" and smaller sometimes, mates had JRT's bigger BUT these feckers had massive heads and we never weighed 'em! ;)

its hard to get small ones today, they sound like very handy ones to have around,

always prefered the smaller type myslef.

atb, j

Bosun11,

This was the type I remember in Southern Ireland back in the 70's.

The skinhead culture was not as evident as in the UK but there were pockets in the cities.

These small staffs were everywhere at that time, some older Staff breeders must know where they came from.

Mostly a dark red colouring with black muzzles if I remember correctly.

post-42222-0-80042000-1397475422.jpg

The Stafford bitch on the right is similar in build, small, light, very agile.

These staffs must have been bred by the right kennels as this particular bitch was exported to the US in the mid 60's. (The dog with her was aslo exported.)

These are the first registered Staffs in the US.

She has a pedigree going back 6 generations.

post-42222-0-18806200-1397475446.jpg

Here she is with her owner at a show in 1966.

post-42222-0-26526000-1397475457.jpg

Another photo which gives a comparison of smaller staffs in the 60's.

This black staff was from the Jolihem kennel.

The Border is Oxcroft Rocket.

Plenty of smaller staffs around in the 70's if someone wanted to infuse bull blood.

• Like 5